The Student Room Group

Are ethnic minorities just as racist as white people?

This poll is closed

Are ethnic minorities just as racist as white people?

No9%
Yes73%
Yes, but only to other minorities0%
Yes, African black people are the worst5%
Yes, asians are the worst13%
Yes,Jamaicans are the worst0%
Yes, polish are the worst or other eastern EU country0%
Total votes: 85
Or more so?

A serial racist firebomber who killed a shopkeeper last week in a daylight attack yards from a police station has thrown petrol bombs into two other Asian businesses and could strike again, detectives warned on Sunday.

Police said they were hunting a well-built black man.

Africans don't get on with Jamaicans.

Kurds and Turks.

Indians and pakistanis

The list goes on and on, surly white people are not the only racists in Britain? Or mabe they learned from the best?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Of course, there was a black girl in my geography class who always went on about how unfair and unjust life was for blacks.

You should have heard her go on about how disgusting immigrints were, and how they should never be allowed into the country, it did give me a good few laughs though.
I think the question and selection of answers are very racist. Can that be another option?
Reply 3
"280,000 race crimes in 1999

Estimates from the British Crime Survey (2000) indicate that the number of incidents, which were considered by the victim to be racially motivated, fell from 382,000 in 1995 to 280,000 in 1999 (down 27%).

98,000 of them against non-whites

The British Crime Survey (2000) found that the number of racially motivated incidents committed against ethnic minorities fell from 143,000 in 1995 to 98,000 in 1999 (down 32%).

280,000 Racial crimes.

White population is 91%
Ethnic minority population is 9%

98,000 or 35% of crimes committed against ethnic minorities
182,000 or 65% of crime committed against whites

9% of the population are causing 65% of racial crimes which is 7.222 times more than what they should be.
91% of the population are causing 35% of racial crimes which is 0.384 times what they should be."

A Home Office report reveals that of the 22 homicides classified as racially motivated between 2001-04, the majority of victims (12 cases) were white.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1901952_1,00.html
Don’t you mean

“Are some ethnic minorities just as racist as some white people?”

Or is everyone racist now?
Reply 5
gideon2000uk
I think the question and selection of answers are very racist. Can that be another option?

I think you just can't please some people. Did I miss out native americans?
Reply 6
MRNO
I think you just can't please some people. Did I miss out native americans?

I refuse to get bogged down by semantics. Try reading between the lines.
In the current cliamte, 'ethnic minorities' are more justitifed in the event they are racist. Sorry for the generalisation but it is clearly not a two-way, mirrored relation - many whites are prejudiced against non-whites for no rational reason, whereas a leading cause of suspicion etc amongst non-whites is the result of continued prejudice against them. I'd be hard pushed to respect all members of any group when subjected daily to their unreasonable hatred.
Reply 8
cheesecakebobby
In the current cliamte, 'ethnic minorities' are more justitifed in the event they are racist. Sorry for the generalisation but it is clearly not a two-way, mirrored relation - many whites are prejudiced against non-whites for no rational reason, whereas a leading cause of suspicion etc amongst non-whites is the result of continued prejudice against them.

BULL****.
Reply 9
Am i tripping out or is he talkin to himself?
It's his version of an argument, sweet eh?
MRNO
I refuse to get bogged down by semantics. Try reading between the lines.

What do you mean by 'just as racist'? An act is either racist or it isn't, it can't be made more or less racist.
Reply 12
cottonmouth
What do you mean by 'just as racist'? An act is either racist or it isn't, it can't be made more or less racist. And you are an idiot

try reading between the lines
Not as ridiculous as this thread.
Reply 14
cheesecakebobby
In the current cliamte, 'ethnic minorities' are more justitifed in the event they are racist. Sorry for the generalisation but it is clearly not a two-way, mirrored relation - many whites are prejudiced against non-whites for no rational reason, whereas a leading cause of suspicion etc amongst non-whites is the result of continued prejudice against them. I'd be hard pushed to respect all members of any group when subjected daily to their unreasonable hatred.

Justified? Oh please. What is it that you think makes ethnic minorities unable to delineate between A white person and WHITE people in general? What possible justification for it is there?

I can't believe that people are willing to JUSTIFY any racism... :rolleyes:
Reply 15
cheesecakebobby
Not as ridiculous as this thread.

What exactly is ridiculous about asking whether or not racism is more prevelant among one ethnic group or another?

Are you of the opinion that the answer is all too patent to permit the question in the first place?
Reply 16
CB comes over as a very bright guy... and I wouldnt doubt that. However I can't imagine how anyone could dismiss the question so out of hand.

As far as I can tell, you see ethnic prejudice all round the world, and it certainly isnt confined to people who have suffered it from whites. Indeed, most ethnic cleansing in Africa hasnt got ANY white on black racism aspect to it.

I'm curious to see why he considers it more justifiable for non-whites to be racist?
I think the poll answers were of a very poor vairety and quite racist in themselves, you gave no option for white people being less racist than ethnic minorities. I dont know enough ethnic minorities aside from myself to comment on how racist they are. Personally i think its worse when ethnic minorities are racist because they're probably more likely to have experienced it and know what it feels like, yet still do it, i think it should be an incentive not to do it, but everybody's different i guess.
Lawz-
What exactly is ridiculous about asking whether or not racism is more prevelant among one ethnic group or another?

Are you of the opinion that the answer is all too patent to permit the question in the first place?
Of course, 'white' and 'ethnic minorities' are the two groups (I won't dignify the poll with a proper mention). This is just another example of idiots trying to imply 'leftists' think only white people are racist and so on, when in reality nobody remotely intelligent thinks such crap.
Reply 19
Bluelight
I think the poll answers were of a very poor vairety and quite racist in themselves, you gave no option for white people being less racist than ethnic minorities. I dont know enough ethnic minorities aside from myself to comment on how racist they are. Personally i think its worse when ethnic minorities are racist because they're probably more likely to have experienced it and know what it feels like, yet still do it, i think it should be an incentive not to do it, but everybody's different i guess.

Polish people are by large white, Eastern Europeans are white, Hell joanna lumley is white and she was born in India.
There are white Jamaicans, white south Africans, do I have to mention them all? Or is it your preconception that white people are only from europe? The Polish are a minority.

Latest

Trending

Trending