The Student Room Group

Wrong exam board on my UCAS application?

I sent my application off in November and I already have 4 conditional offers and still waiting for one more but checking my track today I realise I put down Edexcel instead of AQA for one of my subjects...if I phone they will they just change it? I'm a little panicky because a girl who was with me said they can cancel my whole application because it may seem like I'm lying on my application
Reply 1
As far as I am aware AQA and Edexel aren't seen with different favourability.

I would call them and talk to them about it. If they don't like it and cancel your application you can appeal and you'll be able to re-apply next year. Not fantastic I know, but you WILL have to provide certificates at some point and if that's when you tell them the consequences could be worse.

Bite the bullet and hold your hands up, you've made an honest mistake and it can still be rectified.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I declared my resits and grades wrong on my UCAS form, I emailed the universities and told them and they all emailed me back saying they'd change it but it wouldn't affect any of my offers. It was all completely fine. So I think a simple mistake like putting the wrong exam board is negligible really, just email/phone them and they'll change it no problem. I highly doubt it'll affect your offers or disadvantage you in anyway :smile:
Original post by racheal-leigh
I sent my application off in November and I already have 4 conditional offers and still waiting for one more but checking my track today I realise I put down Edexcel instead of AQA for one of my subjects...if I phone they will they just change it? I'm a little panicky because a girl who was with me said they can cancel my whole application because it may seem like I'm lying on my application

I missed off a qualification on mine, just email [email protected] politely explaining your situation. They won't pull the plug on your application. On mine they just added the qualification and sent me an email back saying that it was done. However, if you have already notified all your universities, they may be no real need, other than peace of mind I guess.
Reply 4
Original post by Chocip
I declared my resits and grades wrong on my UCAS form, I emailed the universities and told them and they all emailed me back saying they'd change it but it wouldn't affect any of my offers. It was all completely fine. So I think a simple mistake like putting the wrong exam board is negligible really, just email/phone them and they'll change it no problem. I highly doubt it'll affect your offers or disadvantage you in anyway :smile:

Thanks, I'm going to do that on Monday
Hi, this probably won't affect your application in terms of getting offers, but it might make it more difficult for UCAS to send your results to the universities in August, as they have to match up to the details on your UCAS application. However, there shouldn't be much of a problem - I recommend contacting UCAS and telling them.
Just email them and it'll get changed, a mistake like this won't affect you though apart form maybe a UCAS worker being annoyed at you not putting the right one down, it's nowhere near as bad as putting the wrong grade down.

AFAIK they only cancel the application if you've completely lied about something major ie you've made up all of your qualifications / given yourself straight A*s when you only got Ds/Cs . . . .

:h:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest