The Student Room Group

Adding 5th choice after medicine

I was just wondering if it is too late to add a fifth choice to my application? I was thinking biomedical science in Queen's University Belfast. Can I do that or will it affect my application? I had an interview for medicine for Queen's and do not want to jeopardize it. If I can do it (before the closing date), do I just click 'add more choices'? Is there anything different to it? I'm not that familiar with UCAS as I'm not from the UK.
Thank you for any help!
Reply 1
Yes, you can simply add on your fifth choice before the 15th of January. However, the fact that you want to apply to Queen's again might make this a bit tricky. Best thing to do would be to call/email them. Better do it quick, deadline's coming!
Reply 2
Thank you, I think I will just leave it. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lu1219
I was just wondering if it is too late to add a fifth choice to my application? I was thinking biomedical science in Queen's University Belfast. Can I do that or will it affect my application? I had an interview for medicine for Queen's and do not want to jeopardize it. If I can do it (before the closing date), do I just click 'add more choices'? Is there anything different to it? I'm not that familiar with UCAS as I'm not from the UK.
Thank you for any help!

id recommend putting a fifth- many people do and a friend of mine got two offers from bristol one for med and one for her back up.
Reply 4
Original post by lu1219
Thank you for any help!

Queen's won't know that you've applied to both courses and so it won't affect your chances at all. I'm not sure how you'd go about doing it though on UCAS :smile:
It's not at all a problem - most uni's say explicitly that they don't care if you apply to a medicine related degree at their uni, all it means is that if they offer you med they won't offer the other one to you. They know people need backups! And they also want to fill their places - I got an offer for a clinical sciences degree whilst being rejected for medicine. A lot of 'med rejects' end up on other similar degrees.
TLDR - go for it.
Reply 6
Thanks again for the replies however I don't think I will put a 5th choice. I know I wouldn't like the course I had in mind and I probably wouldn't take it either as I would most likely get an offer from the Irish system. Thanls again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending