The Student Room Group

Visual Communication - Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow

Hi, my family is moving to Scotland (from Down Under) and our location will be based on the university where I can be accepted as an international undergraduate. I am looking at Aberdeen (Communication Design), Edinburgh (Graphic Design) and Glasgow (Communication Design).

I have been to Edinburgh and Glasgow but like the fact that Gray's is smaller which could mean a better sense of course community? Would it be right to assume that it may be easier to be accepted at Gray's because it is a smaller college?

I have always lived in a rural environment so I guess that Aberdeen would be a quieter location for my parents and less expensive than Edinburgh or Glasgow? Weather-wise it seems the three locations could be similar, apart from Aberdeen being a little dryer because of its coastal position.

Can anyone offer advice about these three courses? I am interested in visual communication and think that perhaps the Graphic Design at ECA may be too disciplined in graphic design (digital techniques).

The biggest problem for me is the timing of acceptance. I know the commencement date for Scotland universities is September. I can't graduate at my college this year until November so if I applied (I'm cutting it very fine I know) and was accepted for entry in 2013, I wouldn't be able to start. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to start the first semester late?

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest