The Student Room Group

Friend zoned again after first date?

I asked a friend of mine for one to one dinner night, and she said yes and it seems understood that it is a date. (She did wear several particular accessories of hers that she knows I find pretty, and also my favorite color). After the dinner I asked how did she find it and she said it was beyond great. I asked her that we should do it again she said yes, and she said next dinner she will pay.

But several days before the holidays I asked her again for a night out, she seemed not comfortable while saying she couldn't make it (not sure because she felt pity for me or she felt stressed to say no) but she said she has a lot of things to do before leaving for the holidays, including gatherings with other friends, so may be sometime after the holidays. But this was like 4-5 days before the holidays started.

Should I take this as a rejection and keep the friendship? Or should I consider that we're still in the beginning and keep going forward?
Reply 1
Since you are or previously were in the friend zone it will be really hard to tell unless you actually make it obvious that you're into her. If you don't make it clear you will always be doubting yourself and your friendship will go down hill. Also if you don't make it clear, you might think you're dating when actually she goes and gets herself a boyfriend, therefore crushing your heart, friendship and any ounce of pride you had thinking she was yours.

If I was you I would make it clear that I liked her by pretty much telling her in the most serious yet funny way possible, face to face in a relaxed location, so not to make her uncomfortable. Other wise you will have to forget about her as anything more than a friend because the friend zone is one risky ride lol.

Hope this helps sorry if it doesn't lol
Reply 2
Do be honest it doesn't seem encouraging. For me the best hope would be to back off and see if she contacts you. Not easy I know from experience.
Reply 3
Original post by aussiehigh
Since you are or previously were in the friend zone it will be really hard to tell unless you actually make it obvious that you're into her. If you don't make it clear you will always be doubting yourself and your friendship will go down hill. Also if you don't make it clear, you might think you're dating when actually she goes and gets herself a boyfriend, therefore crushing your heart, friendship and any ounce of pride you had thinking she was yours.

If I was you I would make it clear that I liked her by pretty much telling her in the most serious yet funny way possible, face to face in a relaxed location, so not to make her uncomfortable. Other wise you will have to forget about her as anything more than a friend because the friend zone is one risky ride lol.

Hope this helps sorry if it doesn't lol

I think may be I was clear since she did dress up a bit more than usual for the evening. And she wears some jewels/accessories sometimes and I told her that I find them particularly nice, and she wore some of them for the evening (to impress may be?). But I'm still open for other explanations.

Before I was "friends" but now I am wondering if I was in the friend zone and returned to it, or if I am out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending