The Student Room Group

Anyone else get seriously depressed after exams?

These A-level exams are killing me, and im only doing AS, pllus ive only done one exam so far and i feel utterly deflated. :/ Anyone else get majorly depressed after an exam? I dont think I'll survive sixth form..:cry:.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry! I'm doing AS and am worried about them. Its a much bigger jump up from GCSE than I imagined :-(

What subjects are doing? :-)
No after an exam I'm like partying partying YEAH fun fun fun.
Reply 3
I always feel depressed after exams especially when others say they found it easy and I've found it hard. :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's more of a before, during and after...
Reply 5
Yep, it's the worst feeling. But make sure you take time out of revision etc to do things you enjoy. Try and find something to motivate you when you're in class / revising, such as an image of what you'd like to be when you're older, that always motivates me to try my very hardest. Everyone dreads exams, but the majority of the time, you will have achieved a good grade, so don't stress too much! I've only done one exam so far too, remember it only gets tougher from here, so try your best to be strong! X
Don't talk about it. Asking your friends what they did for question blah blah will just make you worry more.
I just feel at a loss as to what to do with myself! After really intense revising for weeks on end it's rubbish to then suddenly have nothing and it does get me down because I feel like I'm wasting time, plus waiting for results is horrible but it gets better after a week or so! Promise, best of luck with any other exams you have :smile:
Reply 8
Yep
OP
Original post by ellie_d
Don't worry! I'm doing AS and am worried about them. Its a much bigger jump up from GCSE than I imagined :-(

What subjects are doing? :-)

bio, chem phys nd maths D: i loved em at gcse and now im hating them soso much, except maths-i like maths
Reply 9
Yep
OP
Original post by frowardbarnacle

well i was kind of alright before the exam, like id prepared loads and i was like awesome lets do this but then i actually did the exam and i was like wtf is this?! o.o and then i cried when i got home :smile: and now im depressed, and its at times like this when i feel revision is utterly useless
Reply 10
Yep
OP
Original post by hopefulmedic28
I just feel at a loss as to what to do with myself! After really intense revising for weeks on end it's rubbish to then suddenly have nothing and it does get me down because I feel like I'm wasting time, plus waiting for results is horrible but it gets better after a week or so! Promise, best of luck with any other exams you have :smile:

ahahaha, you like revsising then? :smile: well i have chem tmrw and physics the day after but ill prbly screw those up too >.<, but thanks anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Yep
OP
Original post by Bude8
Don't talk about it. Asking your friends what they did for question blah blah will just make you worry more.

but...after the exam...i looked at the unofficial mark scheme on tsr biology thread- cuz i figured im gonna find out sooner or later so id rather find out sooner and it was ssososososos deppressing! D:
Reply 12
Yep
OP
Original post by laujad
Yep, it's the worst feeling. But make sure you take time out of revision etc to do things you enjoy. Try and find something to motivate you when you're in class / revising, such as an image of what you'd like to be when you're older, that always motivates me to try my very hardest. Everyone dreads exams, but the majority of the time, you will have achieved a good grade, so don't stress too much! I've only done one exam so far too, remember it only gets tougher from here, so try your best to be strong! X

:frown: i do do enjoyable things too and i am motivated but sometimes its like im never gonna reach what i wanna do when im older cuz im not good enough ): and that makes me even more depressed. Thanks though, ill try to be stronger i spose.
Reply 13
Original post by frowardbarnacle

snap
Reply 14
Yep
OP
Original post by senz72
I always feel depressed after exams especially when others say they found it easy and I've found it hard. :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, same ):
Reply 15
The absolute worse moment during any exam period is that moment when you're walking in the hall, and the people from your class are behind you are hurriedly checking each other's key points as they walk... And you recognise nothing they're talking about :lolwut: Noooo.
Reply 16
If I did badly...yea...xD

But like srsly, after an exam I sort of empty my brain out of all the knowledge I've learnt...
Original post by Yep
ahahaha, you like revsising then? :smile: well i have chem tmrw and physics the day after but ill prbly screw those up too >.<, but thanks anyway! :biggrin:

I wouldn't say I like it... :tongue: But I do end up doing a lot of it, and then exams are over and I'm like... :eek: I have no flashcards to look through what is going on?!?! :tongue: I'm sure you won't :smile: just check through carefully and read the questions - I always misread and narrowly avoid dropping marks because of it :colondollar: I should know better as well as I'm doing A2's now :rolleyes:. Best of luck for tomorrow and the say after! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Yep
These A-level exams are killing me, and im only doing AS, pllus ive only done one exam so far and i feel utterly deflated. :/ Anyone else get majorly depressed after an exam? I dont think I'll survive sixth form..:cry:.

OMG, YES! I literally burst out crying today after my business exam! Just because I realised I did one question wrong! I hate the thought of resitting it, the stress associated with exams kills me!
Original post by Yep

Try and treat yourself after each exam eg watch a good film, order a pizza, make pancakes or something so you have something to focus on after the exam - also don't worry if you think it's gone badly... You're in a better position than those who think the exam was easy and then receive a lower mark on results day... you never know, you might surprise yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest