The Student Room Group

Stripclubs? boys...

Hi,

i was just wondering why boys are so fascinated by stripclubs. As a girl i don't really understand why boys would want to go to them? Like obviously i know its because boys are obsessed with boobs and bum and all that! But like do you not think its a bit gross and a bit undermining?

Why would you want to spend so much money on these fake girls who just put on an act so they can grab your money? Why not just find a random girl who sleeps around or something?

Plus do you have no consideration for the amount of dodgey business going off in these places? Especially as a lot (but by no means all) of the girls are forced into doing the job.

Also why do boys/men think its acceptable for them to go in stripclubs while they have a girlfriend? (fair enough if the girlfriend is up to similar things and/or okay with it) but why do you feel the need to see other naked women and be aroused by them? Plus i dont think that there are many boys who would be happy at the thought of their girlfriends being 'entertained' by male strippers, rubbing all their bits into their faces etc. Boys just seem so hypocritical about it and i really cant understand how its classed as acceptable, as personally i think its no different from cheating as have random naked women from your work place sat on you etc would be classed as cheating...whats the difference????!!!!

x
Why do so many women like Chippendales, or Male Model calandars?

Many girlfriends don't have a problem with their bfs going to a stripclub in a social setting (e.g. for a stag do). Its just a bit of fun.

Personally I find the whole scene a bit too seedy (especially the customers) so I dont go, but thats not something inherent in the "naked" aspect.

The whole reason cheating is bad is the breach of trust and the intimacy. There is no intimacy with strippers and unless lied about, no breach of trust. That's why many girls dont have a problem with it.

Unless they are really insecure or possessive obviously.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm a guy who has never been to a strip club and has little desire to. The thought of it makes me feel awkward, uncomfortable and the whole thing just comes across as sleazy, seedy and rather grubby. I've been invited a few times but always turned it down.

FYI, I have plenty of more normal interest in girls.
Reply 3
I've never understood the attraction of strip clubs. You're basically paying a hot girl to tease you about something that you can't have.
Reply 4
The answer to your question is very simple- Just look to history for your answer:colondollar::colondollar:
I've been and sat in the waiting area whilst friends have had them, its so awkward when the strippers come over and talk to you trying to get you to pay for a dance.
Reply 6
I am a girl who has been to a strip club with a group of male friends and tbh a lot of guys go because they are just smashed and find it quite funny... bit of an immature attitude I know but they see it as the whole 'lad banter' thing. It is kindof institutionalised in male culture, especially in male dominated professions in the big city. I would say it is definitely a certain kind of guy that frequents these places.

I think you are doing guys a bit of a disservice though, I know plenty of guys who don't and wouldn't go to strip clubs, my boyfriend never went (before or since we were going out) despite being under pressure from the guys in the sports team he was on, who used to go after nights out and sometimes pay the strippers for sex. He finds the whole idea demeaning to women and horrible. A lot of my friends feel the same way about it, a friend I was with was so traumatised by the place we went to he left with me very early on and was quite upset by the experience.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by redferry
I am a girl who has been to a strip club with a group of male friends and tbh a lot of guys go because they are just smashed and find it quite funny... bit of an immature attitude I know but they see it as the whole 'lad banter' thing. It is kindof institutionalised in male culture, especially in male dominated professions in the big city. I would say it is definitely a certain kind of guy that frequents these places.
I think you are doing guys a bit of a disservice though, I know plenty of guys who don't and wouldn't go to strip clubs, my boyfriend never went (before or since we were going out) despite being under pressure from the guys in the sports team he was on, who used to go after nights out and sometimes pay the strippers for sex. He finds the whole idea demeaning to women and horrible. A lot of my friends feel the same way about it, a friend I was with was so traumatised by the place we went to he left with me very early on and was quite upset by the experience.

Well i know not every guy goes to stripclubs but i don't know many that haven't and even my boyfriend has been before me and with me as we first started going out which he lied to me about but at the time he didn't know i found it uncomfortable...I just get annoyed at the fact that most boys who go to stripclubs would think that it is okay but they would not like it if their girlfriend went to a male stripclub (I know of only one boy who would be okay with this). It just makes me feel insecure as I dont even compare to the strippers and stuff so tbh dont even know why boys bother having girlfriends (unless they are hot - not like me)
I have been to a strip club before (no dances though). Probably won't do it again. It was just a really awkward experience. But nowhere near as awkward as the moment my friend the next morning, blurted out to my mother that we had been to a strip club. She wasn't bothered about it, but still.... :ashamed2:
I really don't see the point. You pay to have someone arouse you with no means of getting off. I'd love an explanation too.
Because they are? just like you are interested in Love Island
some need the money but how do you know there fake tho you dont even know what there life is or how hard it is most girl do it for money but you havent seen all of them idc if i spelled that wrong btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending