The Student Room Group

Art foundation Loughborough 2013 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Eireni
Hello! I did foundation art at lboro last year and am staying for my degree in vis com, I was actually on here looking for any threads on my course but I saw this one and thought, if you guys have any generic questions, I should be able to help!

Did you rate the foundation? Thinking of applying for next September - I'm thinking of going in the graphic design direction afterwards.
Reply 41
Original post by fudgequeen
Did you rate the foundation? Thinking of applying for next September - I'm thinking of going in the graphic design direction afterwards.

Ah that's a difficult question to answer, as it depends so much on the individual! I'd say I very much enjoyed it, but then, I'm a huge optimist and general follower of the "always look on the bright side of life" philosophy so I don't know how valid my judgement is! What I can say, though, is that in the graphic design pathway, the tutors assigned to foundation are most knowledgeable on graphics, typography and illustration in traditional media plus photography, so personally, as someone who prefers digital media for illustration and animation, there were times when I got a little frustrated. There were occasional workshops that suited the more digital side of things, and the tutors of those workshops can be easily accessed for advice and tutelage, but they aren't a regular feature of the course.
Reply 42
Thanks so much Eireni - food for thought
Reply 43
Original post by ButtonsLost
I ended up choosen faraday it was the closet to the sports gym ;P i wanted david collett but it was to far away :/

I am also doing the art foundation course and will be in faraday next year :smile: do you know what day we go up yet?
Original post by cloddy
I am also doing the art foundation course and will be in faraday next year :smile: do you know what day we go up yet?

Hey, I actually pulled out last friday for the art foundation :/ because i got into the course and uni i wanted to go by adjustment. I know that i was going to fly over the 23rd because move in date was the 25th hope that helped :smile:
I am applying to do art foundation at Loughborough this year, just wondering if you have any tips on the personal statement, what did you write about? Did you include work experience etc. or just why you want to do the course?! also how long did you make it? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest