The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jademichelle1993
Hii, I have an interview at Edge Hill for Mental Health Nursing on the 19th January, just wanting to know if anyones had interviews? What to expect? The way the day is run? Etc. thanks for all your help and good luck everyoneee xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
#

Hi,
I have an interview for adult nursing in feb. Have you been sent an email with the process of the selection day? I recieved one last week. Good luck with your interview x
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by Gemma:)
#

Hi,
I have an interview for adult nursing in feb. Have you been sent an email with the process of the selection day? I recieved one last week. Good luck with your interview x

Ive received the booklet with literally everything there is to know but dont know else to expext. Thank you very much(: shall let you know how it goes! Where else are you applying too?:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Has anyone had an interview at edge hill and heard back from them? I had an interview on the 19th of January and wondering how long it has taken for people to get an offer? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Holl1994
Has anyone had an interview at edge hill and heard back from them? I had an interview on the 19th of January and wondering how long it has taken for people to get an offer? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiii I had an interview then tooo! They told me 5-10 days but im already so so nervous! Ahha. Hope you're interview went well(: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hiii I had an interview then tooo! They told me 5-10 days but im already so so nervous! Ahha. Hope you're interview went well(: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate all this waiting around :frown:. Thank-you, you too! xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate all this waiting around :frown:. Thank-you, you too! xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean! Id be devastated if I got declined :frown:. We get a letter through the post dont we letting us know? Do we get a letter theough the post if declined or does it just go on track??:smile: xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think we just get notified on track if we're declined! Have you applied anywhere else? :smile: xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we just get notified on track if we're declined! Have you applied anywhere else? :smile: xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aargh so nervous now! Haha, lemmie know when you find out either way(: also applied to Keele (had my interview week before this one), Chester (declined), Liverpool John Moores (interview on friday) and UCLan (interview on the 6th!) :smile:) how about you? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I will do, you too! :smile: erm, Chester (declined) then keele, Leeds and Manchester, but haven't heard from them three yet! When did you send your application off? :smile: xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ive received the booklet with literally everything there is to know but dont know else to expext. Thank you very much(: shall let you know how it goes! Where else are you applying too?:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied to ljmu had interview 16th jan, not heard yet. Had salford interview 17th jan, not herad back, uclan (23rd) yesterday, not heard back, and had chester 21st (mon) and recieved an unsucessful yesterday from them :frown: Hope i get an offer i hate this waiting. I also have edge hill 25th feb which is my favourite besides LJM. Good luck xxx
Applied to ljmu had interview 16th jan, not heard yet. Had salford interview 17th jan, not herad back, uclan (23rd) yesterday, not heard back, and had chester 21st (mon) and recieved an unsucessful yesterday from them :frown: Hope i get an offer i hate this waiting. I also have edge hill 25th feb which is my favourite besides LJM. Good luck xxx

How are your interviews going? We applied to four of the same unis! Ahha. I have LJMU interview tomorrow (so any tips and advise would be great!), UCLan one on the 6th, waiting to here back from Edge Hill and Keele and declined from Chester :frown:. The waiting is awful, I just wana know if I get in or not now :frown: thank youuu!!! Xxx
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
How are your interviews going? We applied to four of the same unis! Ahha. I have LJMU interview tomorrow (so any tips and advise would be great!), UCLan one on the 6th, waiting to here back from Edge Hill and Keele and declined from Chester :frown:. The waiting is awful, I just wana know if I get in or not now :frown: thank youuu!!! Xxx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. Oh tell me about it, they said we are looking at March to hear back. I had 4 over 6days and was feeling pretty confident, and then bam unsuccesfull off chester i could have literlly cried lol. JM just be yourself. Im a little late I know. Fingers crossed and goOd luck. Let me know how soon you hear back xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Tip for UCLAN speak up. About 20 of you in discussion so make sure your heard :smile: was quite relaxed atmosphere. Let me know re Edge Hill. xxx
Haha. Oh tell me about it, they said we are looking at March to hear back. I had 4 over 6days and was feeling pretty confident, and then bam unsuccesfull off chester i could have literlly cried lol. JM just be yourself. Im a little late I know. Fingers crossed and goOd luck. Let me know how soon you hear back xxx

Ooohh never mind about Chester :frown: I think they're just being fussy for the sake of it haha. I cried when I got declined dont worry as that was my favourite too! :P but now hoping to go Edge Hill and then second choice is liverpool john moores (say if got offers from all - which is unlikely!) Haha. Interview at jmu wasnt too bad - a lot of people came out saying they hadnt answered a lot of the questions so fingers crossed!
Aaahh twenty is a lot of people to have a discussion with! :/ how do you get a word in if someone with you is really chatty! Whats the small activity like? And how long were you there for roughly?:smile:
Heard back from anywhere else yet?:smile:, I havent heard back from any that ive had interviews for yet - starting to panic! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
No only reply is chester, and yep your right their loss lol. Group work kind of like individual interview but they ask 3 or 4 of you the questions rather than just one of you. I was only at UCLAN 2 hours i think, they say up to 3 though. You just have to make sure you get a word in and you will as we know alot depends on it. Where are you from xxx
No only reply is chester, and yep your right their loss lol. Group work kind of like individual interview but they ask 3 or 4 of you the questions rather than just one of you. I was only at UCLAN 2 hours i think, they say up to 3 though. You just have to make sure you get a word in and you will as we know alot depends on it. Where are you from xxx

Yeaah, its just I dont wana find myself speaking over people to get ny point across but dont wana be like 'no you speak' and not get a word in! Ahha. Are people pretty good at letting others speak?:smile: from Cheshire! :smile: so not overly far away! Ahha, how about you? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
hi i had my interview for edge hill on 11th jan and i found out i had my place on the 14th jan so was pretty quick! and i was notified through track before i got a letter off edge hill! but thats for the april intake this year so could be why it was so quick!
interview tips:
liverpool uni- dont worry about about the maths and english its probs the easiest out of all the unis! the group interview they where looking for people who showed compassion etc in their work experience and communication.
liverpool john moores- probs the hardest of the interviews, but they asked a lot on problems with nursing and asked about nursing articles so best read a few on the RCN website.
edge hill- maths and english papers almost the same as the examples they send out! i got asked why i wanted to be a nurse, how i can show am committed to the course, what problems do i think i will face as a nurse and what quality in a nurse do i think patients value the most! they also give a little scenario at the end and asked what you would do.
good luck xx
Reply 18
Aargh so nervous now! Haha, lemmie know when you find out either way(: also applied to Keele (had my interview week before this one), Chester (declined), Liverpool John Moores (interview on friday) and UCLan (interview on the 6th!) :smile:) how about you? Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do, you too! :smile: erm, Chester (declined) then keele, Leeds and Manchester, but haven't heard from them three yet! When did you send your application off? :smile: xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeaah, its just I dont wana find myself speaking over people to get ny point across but dont wana be like 'no you speak' and not get a word in! Ahha. Are people pretty good at letting others speak?:smile: from Cheshire! :smile: so not overly far away! Ahha, how about you? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It all just flows dont panic, none of the girls tried to be overpowering and tutors were lovely. Im from St Helens, Merseyside xx

Latest

Trending

Trending