The Student Room Group

Exams - Glasses or contact lenses?

Scroll to see replies

Contact lenses... pretty much always :smile:

I always bring a spare pair with me though - just in case they drop out right in the middle of the exam :tongue: . I don't have to use a mirror or anything to put them in so i'm pretty comfortable with them - more comfortable then wearing glasses.
I wear contacts just because it's easier and it's one less thing to worry about - one time I forgot my glasses in an exam and it was really horrible not being able to glance at the time quickly and having to focus more in order to see what the time was. My contacts have never become dry or have come out, and it's just easier than having to keep putting my glasses on when I want to see the time, as I find it annoying to wear them when I'm just reading/writing.

However, sometimes my contacts can get a bit irritable or uncomfortable, so I wouldn't wear them if your contacts are like this - mine can make my eyes water if they get really uncomfortable, which is just not convenient to start crying in an exam because of your contacts! Luckily I have quite a strong focus so I never notice it a lot if I'm actually concentrating on something.
Glasses

They can be removed/slipped down the nose/etc if the page is getting blurry
glasses, every time. Just in case of any itchiness or anything that may distract me during an exam. If my eyes get sore with glasses i can just take them off for a minute to rest :cool:
Reply 24
I've just started wearing contacts, but previously when I wore my glasses in an exam, my lens steamed up due to the stress/sweat and I had to take them off and clean them.
Glasses

USING THE TSR APP
Reply 27
glasses all the way...gets me in the zone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending