The Student Room Group

He doesn't want Long Distance?!

I met this guy who lives near me but goes to uni 200 miles away, we started talking after he went to uni just as friends but we both developed feelings for each other. We had a thing for a short while and we saw each other as he was at home for christmas, but he's told me now that he wants to end things because he doesn't think long distance will work out. I'm really devastated as he won't even give it a try and my feelings for him are really strong, he told me he loved me just a week before ending things. He said that he didn't want commitment and that long distance commitment is different than if he lived here. He also said i'd get jealous and that it's best for me. I just don't understand why he won't give it a go? I realise now that it probably wouldn't have worked very well but I still love him and i've never felt this way about anyone before. The thought of him near another girl makes me feel ill. I'm unsure of what I should do?! Anyone else been in this situation?!
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy who lives near me but goes to uni 200 miles away, we started talking after he went to uni just as friends but we both developed feelings for each other. We had a thing for a short while and we saw each other as he was at home for christmas, but he's told me now that he wants to end things because he doesn't think long distance will work out. I'm really devastated as he won't even give it a try and my feelings for him are really strong, he told me he loved me just a week before ending things. He said that he didn't want commitment and that long distance commitment is different than if he lived here. He also said i'd get jealous and that it's best for me. I just don't understand why he won't give it a go? I realise now that it probably wouldn't have worked very well but I still love him and i've never felt this way about anyone before. The thought of him near another girl makes me feel ill. I'm unsure of what I should do?! Anyone else been in this situation?!

Sounds like he was only after one thing, also sounds like he used the long distance as an excuse to let you down. He's not worth it, you deserve better. My advice could be to just cut every form of contact with him.
Reply 2
This is gonna sound so horrible but I've been there and he's either an ******* and just wanted one thing when you were physically around or he met someone. Second option hit me last year. You can do better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Tbh, I can understand where he is coming from.. Long distance is alot of hard work and takes alot of dedication from both parties.. And it can be hard - such as missing each other all the time, not really seeing each other etc. because of not seeing each other either, it can cause you both to stress out. My friend was in a LDR for two years and when they was together, it was great.. But it was the distance that caused the arguments an in the end they split up and now she is with someone who lives in her area.. Deep down, do you really think you can handle it?? I know it's hard to get over someone.. But it does get easier and it's not going to be the first guy you have feelings for.. Trust me, someone will enter into your life and makes you feel great :smile:! Don't beat yourself up about it.. You're at uni, you're young and got the rest of your life to look forward to :smile:.. I understand that you feel curious that he won't even try but perhaps he doesn't wanna set up so you both get hurt, or you both hurt each other? Uni is a great chance meeting new people and a great opportunity to get over anyone from back home so give it a chance and get out there! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you blame him though? 200 miles is crazy

Latest

Trending

Trending