The Student Room Group

"Nazi teen' plotted to bomb school - inspired by Sandy Hook...

US 'White Supremacist' Student Derek Shrout Charged After 'Bomb Plot' On His School

A student in the US who describes himself as a "white supremacist" has been charged with attempted assault after plans to blow up his school were found in his diary, according to police.

Derek Shrout from Alabama reportedly plotted to detonate a bomb and kill his classmates. The journal entry detailing his plans was made three days after the Sandy Hook shootings.

The 17-year-old was apprehended after the journal was found by a teacher at his school and turned over to the authorities. According to the local Sheriff, the plans looked like potential terrorist attacks.

Shrout's lawyer James Armstrong appeared in front of reporters to contest the charges, saying: "He had no intentions [of carrying out an attack].

Link: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/01/08/us-student-derek-shrout-charged-bomb-plot_n_2430138.html

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Shrout's lawyer James Armstrong appeared in front of reporters to contest the charges, saying: "He had no intentions [of carrying out an attack].

"I think this might have been blown a little bit out of proportion in light of what happened in Newtown, Connecticut. Of course, everyone is on edge about that kind of thing."

Hohohohohohoho

Lawyer's have a sense of humour.
Original post by tehforum
Hohohohohohoho

:awesome:
Reply 3
Hohohohohohoho

[Piersmorgan] It's "lawyers" [/Piersmorgan]
Reply 4
Original post by CEKTOP
[Piersmorgan] It's "lawyers" [/Piersmorgan]

I posted at 3.48am
I don't care, lol.
Reply 5
only bad things can happen with a name like... Derek Shrout
Reply 6
I posted at 3.48am
I don't care, lol.

What is so special about 3.48am?
Reply 7
Original post by CEKTOP
What is so special about 3.48am?

The fact that I should have sleeping; hence tired and was ambivalent as to my spelling.
Guess that goes to show how effective an assault weapons ban would be in preventing massacres, doesn't it?
Reply 9
So it wasn't violent video games that inspired it this time. It was the news.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Guess that goes to show how effective an assault weapons ban would be in preventing massacres, doesn't it?

Most of the biggest massacres (ie highest number of victims) in the world carried out by lone individuals are nearly always the result of bombs or arson. There are also a couple of cases where pilots have deliberately crashed planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers#Other_notable_incidents
Original post by Greenlaner
Most of the biggest massacres (ie highest number of victims) in the world carried out by lone individuals are nearly always the result of bombs or arson. There are also a couple of cases where pilots have deliberately crashed planes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers#Other_notable_incidents

... yes, I already knew that.

That's why I made the point that an assault weapons ban would be unable to prevent such atrocities.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
... yes, I already knew that.

That's why I made the point that an assault weapons ban would be unable to prevent such atrocities.

Never said you didn't know that, i wasn't really directing my post towards you, i was just expanding on your point for those who still foolishly believe that firearms are the only or easiest way to kill large numbers of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending