The Student Room Group

missed 3 alevel exams

I have missed 3 of my a level exams due too illness as i keep throwing up and can’t concentrate as i get all dizzy and sweaty (and have fainted a few times whilst to try get on with work) and my dad was like your health is more important then a few exams you can do another time, anyways my doctors writing a note and i won’t get it by monday, im scared of seeing my teachers due to the fact i missed my exams and so scared of doing them in summer as im going to have so much too do? so tempted to drop out, i can’t handle all the pressure i think its making my illness worst.
Reply 1
Original post by AshleySm
I have missed 3 of my a level exams due too illness as i keep throwing up and can’t concentrate as i get all dizzy and sweaty (and have fainted a few times whilst to try get on with work) and my dad was like your health is more important then a few exams you can do another time, anyways my doctors writing a note and i won’t get it by monday, im scared of seeing my teachers due to the fact i missed my exams and so scared of doing them in summer as im going to have so much too do? so tempted to drop out, i can’t handle all the pressure i think its making my illness worst.

I'm not really sure what you are asking. You have missed the exams and no doctor's note is going to change that - your only option to continue is to take them in the summer. It is not possible to get your predicted grade for missed exams part way through a course. However, I don't see why you need to be scared of your teachers if you have been ill - these things happen, I am sure they will understand. This really isn't the end of the world; you don't say what your illness is but a fair number of people take 3 years over A levels, if you aren't well enough to manage it in 2 it is always worth considering. Alternatively I'm sure you'll find that taking all the exams in the summer really isn't that bad. Go back in to school when you're well enough, talk to a member of staff you get on well with and see what they advise.

Quick Reply

Latest