The Student Room Group

Unhappy at University

Okay, so I’ve seen a few people on here who are unhappy with moving away from home and want to go to a closer university. I’m having the opposite problem. Put simply, I didn’t do too great in my A-Levels, had to go through clearing and ended up with only one offer, from my local Uni, which I kind of wanted to avoid going to, since I wanted to move away from home. But, I thought I wouldn’t get any better offer so I took the place.

Four months on, and I’m just getting fed up with the place. The course is good, but I’m just starting to feel depressed with the city. I’ve tried talking to a few other universities, any they’ve said that they’ll accept transfers through UCAS. Considering the deadline’s next week, right in the middle of exams, I’m not going to be able to get a good enough application together. That and the fact that my A-Levels weren’t good enough to get in anywhere the first time, and it’s not looking too great!

Has anyone else ever felt like this? I feel bad talking about it with uni since they’ve generally been really good in terms of sorting everything out for me etc!
Which uni and what course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by hohisuduku
Okay, so I’ve seen a few people on here who are unhappy with moving away from home and want to go to a closer university. I’m having the opposite problem. Put simply, I didn’t do too great in my A-Levels, had to go through clearing and ended up with only one offer, from my local Uni, which I kind of wanted to avoid going to, since I wanted to move away from home. But, I thought I wouldn’t get any better offer so I took the place.

Four months on, and I’m just getting fed up with the place. The course is good, but I’m just starting to feel depressed with the city. I’ve tried talking to a few other universities, any they’ve said that they’ll accept transfers through UCAS. Considering the deadline’s next week, right in the middle of exams, I’m not going to be able to get a good enough application together. That and the fact that my A-Levels weren’t good enough to get in anywhere the first time, and it’s not looking too great!

Has anyone else ever felt like this? I feel bad talking about it with uni since they’ve generally been really good in terms of sorting everything out for me etc!

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm in talks with other universities about transferring and they haven't said anything about the deadline next week. Don't forget that the 15th of January deadline is just for equal consideration. If you have been talking to them and explained your situation then you won't have to be worried about that deadline, the actual deadline for applications is not for many months yet. Good luck and if you need help with anything (seeing as I'm trying to transfer aswell) send us a PM) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending