The Student Room Group

Accused of cheating in a GCSE mock

Hey! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I've just finished my Mock week and was told by the head invigilator that I was suspected of copying another student's Physics exam paper. I am absolutely certain that I did not look at anyone else's paper as I am confident in the subject and had no need to cheat. You might say that the invigilators are in the same position as me; they have no proof against me. But a girl close to me happens to have got a similarly incorrect question which I swear is simply an unfortunate coincidence. It has not been reported to the exam board, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me in what way this might affect my GCSEs?
Thank you for your time!
Reply 1
No. It's a mock.
Chill out, it's unfortunate but means nothing.
Reply 2
-You've said it yourself; they have no proof. And of course mistakes often tend to be repeated, and by coincidence the person near you made the same one. Arguably, they could be the ones that cheated. This won't affect you GCSE's in any way at all....
-it's a mock
Reply 3
Ok thanks! I guess i'm just nervous about the real things and I don't want anything to affect it.
Just be careful because you might have a "reputation" and be blamed for things :frown: So be extra careful you behave (appropriately) at all times!

Quick Reply

Latest