The Student Room Group

Do South Asian women want white men more?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Londonburger
must from recent threads out here..

Yep and that's led the OP to think that this Indian girl MUST like him lol.
Original post by Mr Advice
Yep and that's led the OP to think that this Indian girl MUST like him lol.

It seems that white skin add to their confidence...
Reply 22
Good old casual racism. Nice to see some sexual connotations added to it too 10/10.
@ Mr.Advice :But your parents won't :tongue:

they can be brought round to the dark light side...*rubs hands together deviously*

how do you think we Asian girls survive the culture?...emotional blackmail my friend, emotional blackmail...

in reality tho you're right it is just easier to date/marry within the race, plenty of fitter Asian guys as well :colone:
Reply 24
Original post by partypool
I'm an indian girl and I don't really tend to fancy white guys more than Indian guys, colour just doesn't play that big a part for me.

It depends how traditional she is, generally speaking north Indians are more modern than south Indians so are more likely to go for white guys (but not always, I know south Indian girls who go for white guys too).

If she's very into Indian culture (i.e speaks an Indian language at home with her parents, very religious etc) it's unlikely that she'll go for a white guy. But if she's more westernised then she may be interested in white guys.

If she seems keen and you like her then go for it, but colour doesn't play such a big part, it's more what's on the inside.

Hope this helps

In the 1950s the northern states (Punjah, Haryana, UP) were considered the breadbasket of India.

As of 2010, the highest rates of growth are in the southern states (MH, KA, KE, TN), proportionately more people in the southern states work in the tertiary sector, education/literacy levels are higher in the southern states and the direction of net migration has changed from South --> North to North --> South.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the north is modern from, unless of course you are stuck in the 1950s/
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
I think you're getting confused. Oriental/Chinese type girls like White guys. Indian type girls generally prefer their own race. Most Indian girls would never date a White guy and I know this because I'm Indian.

Rubbish.
I am from an North Indian family and we have lived out of India for pretty much all of our lives (first Singapore then Scotland). My sister dated a Caucasian Scottish fella for about 5 years before they got married in India (and now live and work in London) and my parents had no issue and being typical Indian parents they paid for it all etc. The guy's parents or family however turned down even taking part in the wedding.

In general I don't think it matters much to North Indians about the race of a person, or at least in teh perfect world it shouldn't.
Here comes another one of these threads. I'm confused as to why people always seem to generalize the preferences of Asian people. I'm Chinese and no, I do not only go for a particular race. It's the whole package that counts. But I will say that as a general yardstick for myself, I do prefer more forward, open and dominant guys and sadly, while I won't say that all Asian guys are typically more conservative and timid, most of them that I encounter are. Hence, I can understand why some Asian girls would prefer white guys over Asian guys.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 28

how do you think we Asian girls survive the culture?...emotional blackmail my friend, emotional blackmail...
:colone:

How do you mean?
How do you mean?

use mummy/daddy's love for us to get what we want, even if it means going against cultural norms :colondollar:
Reply 30
Anyway she does like me, which I swear is rare in white girls. Still think many asian women may want a white guy.
Reply 31
Anyway she does like me, which I swear is rare in white girls. Still think many asian women may want a white guy.

some do, some don't. simple as that
Original post by awkwardchild
Here comes another one of these threads. I'm confused as to why people always seem to generalize the preferences of Asian people. I'm Chinese and no, I do not only go for a particular race. It's the whole package that counts. But I will say that as a general yardstick for myself, I do prefer more forward, open and dominant guys and sadly, while I won't say that all Asian guys are typically more conservative and timid, most of them that I encounter are. Hence, I can understand why some Asian girls would prefer white guys over Asian guys.

I've had a lot of Asian girlfriends,they have said the exact same thing.
Reply 33
Original post by nemogirl
some do, some don't. simple as that

Some do, most don't.

LOL keep telling yourself that! :rolleyes:
Reply 35

Excluding an asian girls own race guys, she is more likely to go for a black guy than white. It's very rare to find an asian girl go after a white guy from what I've seen/known. But hey, girls are soo unpredictable, so you never know. :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by AJEdinburgh
I am from an North Indian family and we have lived out of India for pretty much all of our lives (first Singapore then Scotland). My sister dated a Caucasian Scottish fella for about 5 years before they got married in India (and now live and work in London) and my parents had no issue and being typical Indian parents they paid for it all etc. The guy's parents or family however turned down even taking part in the wedding.

In general I don't think it matters much to North Indians about the race of a person, or at least in teh perfect world it shouldn't.

I come from a similar background as u. generally people in SG dont really care if their child marry out of the race, but maybe some scottish people (especially the elderly) do care?? i dont think its in the case that it doesnt matter much to north indians about the race of a person, but more of the nurture of the person. if a person grew up in a society which sees inter racial as a norm, then it wont matter much to them. but there are some people who are more conservative.
Original post by -Isis-
I'm an Indian girl and I'm never interested in White guys. I like Indian guys and some Black guys.

If you saw me, you would change your mind the instant I put my moves on you. Muahahahaha.... haha.... haa...
I am indian and in my opinion indian girls might go for white guys as some asian guys treat women like rubbish and they have their traditional way of doing things, and asian men seem to think women are inferior and i talk from experience. Please note some asian guys not all are like this.

Quick Reply