The Student Room Group

Help - I've got absolutely no idea to what to do for Citizenship

So I did a mock paper before Christmas and I got a C - just.
I found I'm fine on the first two sections, but on the last one (the 12 mark essay one), I got 1 mark, and I have no idea what I need to do to improve it so I can get an A.

I got 25 overall, and I think I need 32 out of 40 for an A. I'm on the OCR board, and my exam is on Tuesday. I have been revising, and I've done about 5 practice papers, but I keep on doing badly on the last question, so any tips are really appreciated, thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Talioe
So I did a mock paper before Christmas and I got a C - just.
I found I'm fine on the first two sections, but on the last one (the 12 mark essay one), I got 1 mark, and I have no idea what I need to do to improve it so I can get an A.

I got 25 overall, and I think I need 32 out of 40 for an A. I'm on the OCR board, and my exam is on Tuesday. I have been revising, and I've done about 5 practice papers, but I keep on doing badly on the last question, so any tips are really appreciated, thanks!

Example of the last question?

I think for my year it was arguing for/against the Eurozone.

Make sure you plan it beforehand. Arguing for both sides is very important.
Reply 2
For example:

Evaluate the following viewpoint:
"The media (newspapers, television, websites and blogs) aren't very important in a democracy as they have no direct part to play in the decision-making process."

I've found I've slowly been getting better, getting B's, and about 6/12 on the last question. I need to get that upto an 8 or 10 out of 12 for me to get the A :smile:

Also, does anyone know of any websites where you can make your own questions, to test yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest