The Student Room Group

If I ask him for coffee, will it seem like I'm asking him out on a date?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
say something nice then.

I did, IMO. Someone else out there will want you and your V.
Reply 41
Original post by Glutesforsloots
I did, IMO. Someone else out there will want you and your V.

charming.
charming.

I try.
as above,

theres a guy i havent seen in a long time and although i dont really fancy him id quite like to see him again.
will it seem odd if i message him on facebook, if we haven't spoken properly for years? just thought of writing something casual like "hi, just wondered if you fancied going for a coffee sometime? havent seen you in ages. x"
i recently dropped out of uni and hes studying law at ucl. not sure i should tell him as it might be a bit awkward.

I genuinely don't think that he'll think it's a date, I started Uni in September, and found out that a guy I went to Primary School started the same Uni, so although we started speaking quite a bit and then went for coffee, the conversation basically went 'we haven't seen each other for ages, shall we meet for a coffee?' and there was nothing date-ish about it! It literally was just two people meeting who hadn't seen each other for a while, nothing to suggest it was a date, and nothing like any genuine dates I've been on when we've been for coffee :smile: so don't worry about it, I think you'll be okay!

Edit: although i've just seen the comments from before, so i'm sorry, but maybe he has a genuine reason for not replying? Also, guys can be rubbish at replying, so give it time :smile: don't ask him on facebook or anything like that if he got your message though, try play it cool :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
I don't think it will necessarily make him think it's a date, and even if he does so what. If he doesn't want to go regardless of how he might think, the ball will still be in his court. Yes, if he says no, you might feel bad but at least it'll be one less thing on your mind. I had recently asked a man I like to have coffee together. I really don't know what he thought of it, but he said
Reply 45
Original post by Ettamae
I don't think it will necessarily make him think it's a date, and even if he does so what. If he doesn't want to go regardless of how he might think, the ball will still be in his court. Yes, if he says no, you might feel bad but at least it'll be one less thing on your mind. I had recently asked a man I like to have coffee together. I really don't know what he thought of it, but he said

It's been 5 years now, I'm sure everyone has forgotton.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending