The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Have a even got a chance?

Currently I'm studying Drama, Media and English Literature (I'm in Year 12; obviously hoping to keep all 3 next year) and I'm doing reasonably well. I'm on for Bs in Drama and English Literature and an A in Media. The University of Kent is one of my top choices; I want to study Drama and English and American Literature and I'm aware the minimum grade requirement is ABB however I'm concerned as many people are talking about the possibility of getting A*A*A or even just AAA. That concerns me as I believe I'll be less likely to get in as my grades aren't as good. I'm trying to get up to an A in Drama if this helps. My question is, how much will my personal statement and interview contribute to the process?
Hi EllieC130,

The university will make conditional offers, which means you have the place as long as you meet those conditions. You may already know this, but as long as you meet the conditions you have been offered in your offer you have a place! Regardless of what other people applying have in their A-levels.

The interview and personal statement however, are both still very important. They will be key factors effecting whether you are made a conditional offer, and are the only insight the university has of you as a person and potential student.

The personal statement and interview gain real significance when a student does not quite reach the conditions of the offer. Then the control of the offer comes back to the university, and if there are places available, those with the best personal statements, or had a great interview stand out the most, and are in a good position to take the remaining places.

But, overall, your best bet is to try your hardest to meet the conditions set in a conditional offer - because, then you're in control of what happens!

Thanks for your question. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Jay
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending