The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by janet.liu
Can we ask for feedback from Oxford of why we were admitted? I want to know why they accepted me as I was totally unsure about my interview and I think I messed up PAT....

I think we've spoken on here before, did you apply for EEM t ChCh?

I think you can, not sure if formally or just once you get in, you an ask your tutors

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by tooambitious
I think we've spoken on here before, did you apply for EEM t ChCh?

I think you can, not sure if formally or just once you get in, you an ask your tutors

I believe we've spoken on TSR before but you got my information wrong...... I actually applied for engineering science to Balliol......
Reply 22
Ooooooo - this is my thread too - this thread is for people like me!!!!! Hi everyone!!!!

Over the top I know, but it's such an amazing feeling! :smile: :smile: Hello hello hello! I'm incredibly excited about being with you all come Michaelmas!!
Reply 23
Ahhh I can't believe I get to post here! Anyone else for Languages at St Catz? :biggrin:
Original post by janet.liu
I believe we've spoken on TSR before but you got my information wrong...... I actually applied for engineering science to Balliol......

Whoops, congrats anyway :grin:

Reply 25
Feels so good to be able to comment on this thread. Congrats to everyone on here!!
Congratulations to us all! :hugs: Assuming we get the grades (eek), I'm looking forward to seeing you all in real life. :h:

It can't be just me who's going through a weird mix of emotions right now, right? I'm obviously extremely excited, but I also feel sad/guilty because close friends of mine have been rejected even though they are excellent students (all of them much harder workers than me). This is therefore very confusing; I almost feel like this is too good for me. :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Getting into Oxford is soooo last year :pierre:..

Spoiler

:grouphug:

Reply 30
Original post by Koalagate
Congratulations to us all! :hugs: Assuming we get the grades (eek), I'm looking forward to seeing you all in real life. :h:

It can't be just me who's going through a weird mix of emotions right now, right? I'm obviously extremely excited, but I also feel sad/guilty because close friends of mine have been rejected even though they are excellent students (all of them much harder workers than me). This is therefore very confusing; I almost feel like this is too good for me. :s-smilie:

Totally, there are people at my school who applied and didn't get an offer and I just feel sooo much for them. It obviously isn't too good for you, or us, as we got selected for an offer, and I suppose we have to trust that the tutors know how to do this as they are incredibly experienced and intelligent people, but we will feel a lot of things about all this I'm sure. It's really nice that you talk about it, we should. :smile:
Woo :biggrin:
Reply 32
Anyone for English or Corpus Christi? Or both? :biggrin:
Anyone else so surprised you're thinking they've got the wrong person? :tongue:
Original post by tjf8
Anyone for English or Corpus Christi? Or both? :biggrin:

Hey! English at Univ right here :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by imaginarysally
Anyone else so surprised you're thinking they've got the wrong person? :tongue:

Lol. yesssss! I checked the name carefully though, it's definitely addressed to me. So maybe yours is right too?? Let's hope. :cool:
Reply 36
Original post by Longhairedchild
Hey! English at Univ right here :biggrin:

Well done! I'm not actually sure where I'm going yet; I've only had an email saying I will be given an offer by a college which isn't the one I applied to, but nothing in the post yet :s-smilie: frustrating!

Still, so glad to get in :h:
Reply 37
Original post by miss_spell
Wow, I never thought I'd be posting on this thread! Biology at Balliol WOOOOOO!

Ahhhh another Bio person!!!!
I got in for History and Politics, incredibly shocked hahaha
Original post by SoNottingH
Totally, there are people at my school who applied and didn't get an offer and I just feel sooo much for them. It obviously isn't too good for you, or us, as we got selected for an offer, and I suppose we have to trust that the tutors know how to do this as they are incredibly experienced and intelligent people, but we will feel a lot of things about all this I'm sure. It's really nice that you talk about it, we should. :smile:

Yes, I guess so - because some of them were so amazing, I still can't help but feel like there's been some kind of massive mistake though.

One thing's for sure: I feel extremely, extremely lucky to be in this position.

Quick Reply