The Student Room Group

Gone Behind my Back to See a Friend Who Fancies Her ADVICE NEEDED

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Teemo
Yep still there, not coming back early or anything. In my mind we're finished.

I know some people probably think i'm an overcontrolling boyfriend or whatever, i'm not. I've got no problem with her talking to guys, hanging out with guys etc. I draw the line at going for a week sleeping in their room though, and i don't think that's unreasonable.

If it makes you feel better I'd have had the same reaction as you. I don't think the way you feel about it means you're controlling, I wouldn't dream of going off and staying with a guy if my current (and imaginative) boyfriend didn't want it happening. I guess everyone is different and handles situations like this differently, I've had a controlling boyfriend. You are not controlling believe me! In fact, you're decent enough not to end it immediately, if it was me I'd tell them to not talk to me again.
Original post by Teemo

I know some people probably think i'm an overcontrolling boyfriend or whatever, i'm not. I've got no problem with her talking to guys, hanging out with guys etc. I draw the line at going for a week sleeping in their room though, and i don't think that's unreasonable.

Good on you.
It's been 4 years you've been together and if it was completely innocent, she should have told you. You do not connect and build trust for 4 years and then think it's ok to lie to you to avoid drama or whatever her reason may be. You're not being over controlling. You've made a good decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by yennibubs
Good on you.
It's been 4 years you've been together and if it was completely innocent, she should have told you. You do not connect and build trust for 4 years and then think it's ok to lie to you to avoid drama or whatever her reason may be. You're not being over controlling. You've made a good decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ This.
yeah OP im in the boat of shes very much in the wrong, she lied and went and when you found out stayed down there.

Shes broken your trust deliberately and that is the kicker, the staying with the friend is one thing but the fact that she lied is to me the deal breaker
Original post by Teemo

I don't think you're being unreasonable here. For me, it's more the fact she lied. Why would you lie about where and who you're staying with if you have nothing to hide?

Do you know the guy? I guess that could make some difference.
I don't see why she should lie about it, she may have lied about other things too. sounds like she's been sneaking around...
how did you find out it was lie? did you find out by yourself or did she tell you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by redferry

No I wouldn't have any issues at all, he went travelling with his female housemate for a month and sometimes they slept in the same bed to save money.

he went travelling with his female housemate for a month and sometimes they slept in the same bed to save money.

sometimes they slept in the same bed to save money.

"n-nothing h-happened b-baby."

Why couldn't he just sleep on the floor?

Bro, she's probably gotten the ol' lickaroo by now. If you're serious about ditching her ditch her before she gets back, cut all contact and root all the gangas you want. Only talk to her when its to tell her how much of a sloot she is.
Reply 67
Original post by Glutesforsloots
"n-nothing h-happened b-baby."

Why couldn't he just sleep on the floor?

Have you ever been to central america? You ain't going to sleep on the floor unless you REALLY like cockroaches.
Have you ever been to central america? You ain't going to sleep on the floor unless you REALLY like cockroaches.

Yes, I have. I was more trying to point out that there were other options like the floor or a sofa etc. Just like OP's GF had.

If she was willing to lie about it and then state there was nothing wrong with it, she's probably willing to lie about rooting the guy too.
No, I wouldn't have that either. If my boyfriend really wanted to go and stay with a female friend that fancied him, I would at least expect him to discuss it with me first. Lying and going behind your back is bang out of order.
Reply 70
Original post by Glutesforsloots
Yes, I have. I was more trying to point out that there were other options like the floor or a sofa etc. Just like OP's GF had.

If she was willing to lie about it and then state there was nothing wrong with it, she's probably willing to lie about rooting the guy too.

I'm sure he would be comfier in a bed :smile:
But yeah I admit I wouldn't really share a bed with a male friend in normal carpeted non verminy circumstances, same for my bf and female friends.

I didnt say she definitely wasn't cheating, just said it wasn't certain that she had

Quick Reply