The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're still the majority race out of those three cities mentioned even if they don't have more than 50% of the total population though.
Reply 2
Truly a shocking state of affairs. It really is like some say a colonisation.
Reply 3
Original post by Bluffroom
Who cares? Diversity and mixed race children is a good thing and is different from the same old white person. Its the quality if a person which matters, not their ethnicity

I not even saying I am white but this is a racist comment.' Same old white person ' ?

what's wrong with the white people?
Reply 4
is there any evidence that this is actually a bad thing?
Reply 5
Original post by Alex_Jones
is there any evidence that this is actually a bad thing?

Ask the white british people if its a good thing -- I can imagine I woud not be pleased if the Turkish Muslims started becoming minority in turkey.
Reply 6
I have no issue in people embracing cultures, it's about time humans weren't separated into 'white', 'Asian', 'black', etc- but were all integrated into a society of 'people', not 'races'
Reply 7
Original post by Bluffroom
Im white and live in cumbria, where racism is rife and minorities are few and far between. That's not racist to welcome diversity as its boring living in an ocean of white people

Ocean of white people? Bizarre. You realise you are very, very white to say such things about your own kind. Only white liberals say such things.

yes, you are a racist if you think making Cumbria less white will improve it.....Couldn't imagine how that argument would work with non whites. I mean, Lots of racism in turkey too. Maybe Turkish people should make themselves minority as well. after all, no Turkish people no racism. Lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
It's neither a good thing nor a bad thing. As far as I can see it's as idiotic to want to promote a completely homogenous society (in terms of race), as it is to want to promote an entirely multicultural, and multiethnic one.
Reply 9
Original post by sjk1995
I have no issue in people embracing cultures, it's about time humans weren't separated into 'white', 'Asian', 'black', etc- but were all integrated into a society of 'people', not 'races'

Irony is only racist non-whites or whitest of white people ever say such things.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Race this race that... Yaaaawn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adileh
Truly a shocking state of affairs. It really is like some say a colonisation.

Yeah, what we should do is go back in the past and slap our Imperial ancestors across the face and tell them not to venture out and take over most of the world as they've now left a legacy of colonisation by the offspring of the lands which they colonised! This is all their fault - all the fault of the Empire for taking over the world! Bah! Humbug!

/sarcasm :colonhash:

But seriously, if the ancestors of these British Isles had not gone forth into the world and colonised most of it (arguably), then it's greatly doubtful that so *many* people would be *pouring* in. The ancestors of the Isles should have just left the world to it and gone their own way - but they couldn't could they? Because Britain couldn't really sustain itself back then without colonisation and invasion of other people's lands... :holmes:

Having said all of this, White Brits (which include Poles/Russians/Europeans etc with British passports and citizenship :rolleyes: ), make up nearly 90% of the population of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I don't see a problem there - do you?
Reply 12
Let's stop being racist guys.
Original post by Adileh
Irony is only racist non-whites or whitest of white people ever say such things.

What does this mean? :hmmmm2:

Are you conducting indirect racism against white people? Or are you just talking about how some white people are darker than other white people? :holmes:
Reply 14
Original post by Adileh
<br />
<br />
In saying that we should value people as people not clusters of uniform identity?
Original post by Adileh
Ask the white british people if its a good thing -- I can imagine I woud not be pleased if the Turkish Muslims started becoming minority in turkey.

Son, learn the history of these great lands. Maybe then you'll understand why Britain amongst other nations has lots of people coming in (and it isn't only limited to recent political decisions). :rolleyes:
I'm fed up with it. Let's all scatter into other countries and see how they like it when their people are overpopulated with us and see if they don't mind that certain areas have more white people than their own. PC gone awry, I can't wait to leave this country.
Original post by Adileh

I don't care what some people think, i just want to know if theres any evidence that non white people are detrimental to their community
Reply 18
I really hate it when people are referred to as 'White people'. They are people, not black nor white, just people. Believe me when I say it will get to a point when people just don't want more migrants in their town. My Dad is form Napoli, probably one of the worst cities affected by migration. No Italian really wants to live their because of the foreign dominance, and as a result it is ridden with crime and it's just not a nice place to live.
Original post by infairverona
I'm fed up with it. Let's all scatter into other countries and see how they like it when their people are overpopulated with us and see if they don't mind that certain areas have more white people than their own. PC gone awry, I can't wait to leave this country.

Me neither.

Latest

Trending

Trending