The Student Room Group

How to get out of the friendzone. [Guide]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mourinho<3
How does someone go about getting taller exactly?:tongue:

You don't lol.

Just a way of pointing out that there are some things that you cannot control.
Some of it is fair, some I find a bit creepy.

What worries me the most is, why do you go through all that effort to get those 6 girls, if in the end you just wanted to reject them? That seems like an ego-power things, and not a very honourable thing to do...

And, making up stories and some of things to say to girls, I personally would not like it very much, but anyway, different things work for different people.
Reply 62
Original post by Journeyzap
Some of it is fair, some I find a bit creepy.

What worries me the most is, why do you go through all that effort to get those 6 girls, if in the end you just wanted to reject them? That seems like an ego-power things, and not a very honourable thing to do...

And, making up stories and some of things to say to girls, I personally would not like it very much, but anyway, different things work for different people.

I didn't reject them because I wanted power, I rejected them because I moved away and it wouldn't be convinient, I bang one of them every now and then though. And classical yeah, thats a massive part of the guide I forgot to mention. Social Status, I'll edit it in but basically its popularity. You can feel it, or at least I can sense it, if you are above the girl in the status hierarchy then she will want to get with you to elevate yourself. How do you higher yourself? Become alpha. Thats almost another full guide though.
You sound very annoying.
Reply 64
Original post by Alexandra's Box
You sound very annoying.

I am. Very. And super cocky. I'm just a complete dick.
Original post by Closeout
I am. Very. And super cocky. I'm just a complete dick.

Do you have a reason or do you just like it?
Become alpha. Thats almost another full guide though.

I take it that you are alpha? If so, why are you spending your time on an internet forum posting essays in excess of 1,000 words? So cool:cool:

You didn't sound alpha when you suggested using your mother's make-up:rofl: and as for your guide on escaping the friendzone-well you clearly spend a lot of time in it-enough to write huge essays-so your guide can't be "gold" can it:colondollar:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Do you have a reason or do you just like it?

My guess is he likes to say how "alpha" he is and by being stupid he kids himself into believeing it. No-one else though:no:
Original post by Classical Liberal
You don't lol.

Just a way of pointing out that there are some things that you cannot control.

True. Some guys are short. Some are bald. Some have a small member. Some lift a weight a few times and get Lukaku others try much harder. Some breeze into good universities with good grades and job, others find it harder.

Some things in life you just can't control, but for everything else theres mastercard:colondollar:?
I can see what you were going for with this guide. I'm afraid to say I disagree with all of it, simply because you've taken the approach of 'Thinking it out'.

The way I see it, once someone is in the friendzone they're there for good. Better to just move on and find someone else, and work more on preventing getting put in the friendzone. The truth is, you just need to make it clear from the outset that you're not going to be a friend. That's why people who are 'dicks' often get the girl - there's no pretence about them being a friend, it's plain and simple that they want to be in a relationship or they don't. Guys who get friendzoned tend to just be put there because they're afraid of rejection and try to build up to asking someone out.
Reply 70
Original post by Mourinho<3
True. Some guys are short. Some are bald. Some have a small member. Some lift a weight a few times and get Lukaku others try much harder. Some breeze into good universities with good grades and job, others find it harder.

Some things in life you just can't control, but for everything else theres mastercard:colondollar:?

Don't you mean get Chris Baird.
Reply 71
number 10 was ultra ****
1. Keep away for the girl for as long as possible.

2. When you first see her, give her a hug, and keep touching her [in a friendly way].

3. Make jokes about her liking you, "just cause you fancy me, right?" ect, once again be creative, that just gets her in the right mindset.

4. Don't talk too much about random subjects.

5. Talk about fancying other girls.

6. Talk about other girls liking you.

7. Don't show interest until she shows interest in you.

8. If you are going to complement her, even after she complements you, always bring it back with a insult.

1. What about Facebook contact? I mean sparse brief conversations can be okay, it certainly hasn't hurt my chances with women in the past.
2. I have to agree here although never go overboard, sure fire way to failure :frown:
3. Again I agree with you :smile:
4. What would you call random subjects? :holmes:
5. I am half and half with this, it can put her off as well as make her want you.
6. Again I am unsure as it can put her off.
7. That is quite hard for most guys but I agree :smile:
8. Backhanded compliments are always the way :colone:

I think this has to be the most sensible post on helping people escape the friend zone that does not really exist but society has made us think it does.

Good work :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by tehFrance
1. What about Facebook contact? I mean sparse brief conversations can be okay, it certainly hasn't hurt my chances with women in the past.
2. I have to agree here although never go overboard, sure fire way to failure :frown:
3. Again I agree with you :smile:
4. What would you call random subjects? :holmes:
5. I am half and half with this, it can put her off as well as make her want you.
6. Again I am unsure as it can put her off.
7. That is quite hard for most guys but I agree :smile:
8. Backhanded compliments are always the way :colone:

I think this has to be the most sensible post on helping people escape the friend zone that does not really exist but society has made us think it does.

Good work :smile:

Ty, and if any of you haters think you have a better way feel free to write your own guide, if our going to get out the friendzone successfully this is the way to do it.
Friendzoning is bull**** because girls are not machines that you put kindness coins into until sex falls out.

If a girl doesn't like you in that way, she doesn't like you in that way. Deal with it and move on. She does NOT have to, in any way, go out with you just because you think she's making the wrong choice and want to get in her pants.

Slut is how we vilify a woman for exercising her right to say yes.

Friendzone is how we vilify a woman for exercising her right to say no.
Original post by bestsundaydress
Friendzoning is bull**** because girls are not machines that you put kindness coins into until sex falls out.

If a girl doesn't like you in that way, she doesn't like you in that way. Deal with it and move on. She does NOT have to, in any way, go out with you just because you think she's making the wrong choice and want to get in her pants.

Slut is how we vilify a woman for exercising her right to say yes.

Friendzone is how we vilify a woman for exercising her right to say no.

See, here we get the other extreme, a woman implying that the way a man acts around a woman doesn't affect her view of him at all, so the friend zone doesn't exist. If you act like a friend around a girl, she'll probably see you as a friend. I'd say that's simple logic, not a vilification like slut shaming, which I agree is a load of ****e.
Original post by Mankytoes
See, here we get the other extreme, a woman implying that the way a man acts around a woman doesn't affect her view of him at all, so the friend zone doesn't exist. If you act like a friend around a girl, she'll probably see you as a friend. I'd say that's simple logic, not a vilification like slut shaming, which I agree is a load of ****e.

The friendzone doesn't exist for the exact reason you are stating. Unless the friendzone just means "being friends with".

The OP is a pathetic, "Game" subscribing loser, no doubt, but the funny thing is that if you condense his creepy diatribe down to a single sentance it is actually entirely true:
"If you don't want to be thought of as "just a friend" by a girl, make it clear to her through your actions that you are interested in her."
Or even more simply:
"If you fancy someone, flirt with them".

Most self-proclaimed "nice guys" are just pathetic creeps who cant or wont flirt with or make overt moves on a girl but expect that if they insert enough kindness and emotional support the girl should feel obliged to **** them.
Original post by Mankytoes

She'll see you however she sees you - girls don't exist for guys to act a certain way and manipulate their feelings. That whole "if you act like a friend, they'll see you as a friend" is extremely stupid and another reason to believe the sexist version of the "friendzone" (it can be non-sexist! But sadly it mostly isn't). I'm a girl, and if someone acts nice and friendly to me, why in the world would that prevent me from developing feelings towards them? Isn't it true that often the best romantic relationships evolve from friendships? It is true, because I've experienced it several times! Girls aren't some mystery where you have to act a certain, non-friendly way to be more than friends with them. Nobody is. All romantic relationships do not start with the two people immediately being flirty and nothing else with each other, that's ridiculous, getting to know each other and being friends is part of the process.
Original post by HistoryRepeating
The friendzone doesn't exist for the exact reason you are stating. Unless the friendzone just means "being friends with".

The OP is a pathetic, "Game" subscribing loser, no doubt, but the funny thing is that if you condense his creepy diatribe down to a single sentance it is actually entirely true:
"If you don't want to be thought of as "just a friend" by a girl, make it clear to her through your actions that you are interested in her."
Or even more simply:
"If you fancy someone, flirt with them".

Most self-proclaimed "nice guys" are just pathetic creeps who cant or wont flirt with or make overt moves on a girl but expect that if they insert enough kindness and emotional support the girl should feel obliged to **** them.

I'd say the friend zone means "aiming to get in a relationship with a girl, but instead ending up being friends with her".

I'm saying there are two main reasons for this. One is she just doesn't find you attractive. If that's the case, then you should just enjoy the friendship, assuming you actually wanted to be friends with her in the first place.

The second is that you weren't flirty, so you didn't present yourself as a potential partner to her, so she see's you as a friend. Only in this instance is the "friend zone" escapable.

I agree with that, it's simple really, but that doesn't mean it's easy. For most people, subtle flirting does not come naturally, you have to learn it- that was true for me, anyway. The key to getting girls is basically "be confident", but that is not advice at all for an unconfident person, they need more help than that.

I think that's the case with a lot of the time, but lets not be too quick to label people. I think it's easy to build misconceptions over how to get over a girl.

Original post by bestsundaydress
She'll see you however she sees you - girls don't exist for guys to act a certain way and manipulate their feelings. That whole "if you act like a friend, they'll see you as a friend" is extremely stupid and another reason to believe the sexist version of the "friendzone" (it can be non-sexist! But sadly it mostly isn't). I'm a girl, and if someone acts nice and friendly to me, why in the world would that prevent me from developing feelings towards them? Isn't it true that often the best romantic relationships evolve from friendships? It is true, because I've experienced it several times! Girls aren't some mystery where you have to act a certain, non-friendly way to be more than friends with them. Nobody is. All romantic relationships do not start with the two people immediately being flirty and nothing else with each other, that's ridiculous, getting to know each other and being friends is part of the process.

Oh, calm down. This is not some mysogynistic theory, this all applies both ways. Women talk about ways to get men to be attracted to them all the time, just browse the magazines in a supermarket and you'll see at least one with something like "Ten Guarenteed Ways To Make Him Fall For You".

It's odd you say "you have to act a certain, non-friendly way to be more than friends with them". Who is saying that? Flirting is certainly friendly.

You want your romantic feelings to be rational. Well, they aren't. No ones are. This isn't me being a sexist, saying "aren't women nuts". I didn't ask my girlfriend out until she said she had to take some time to think because another guy was into her. It was that that made me realise I really liked her and wanted to have a serious relationship with her. Is that rational? Of course not! Treating people as totally rational in these situations is pretty damn unromantic, and more importantly, incorrect.
Reply 79
1.Get drunk together
2.Whip out c**k
3.?????

Profit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending