The Student Room Group

Girls playing 'guy games'

Scroll to see replies

Lots of girls do, just maybe not as much on xbox live etc, because being insulted by puerile thirteen year olds isn't much fun for anyone. :smile:
Original post by Dude6230
What console(s) do you girl gamers mostly play on?

Xbox 360 :biggrin:
This thread just screams LOOK AT ME EVERYONE! I'M A GIRL WHO PLAYS GAMES! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Original post by Orihime
Why do you feel the need to bring your gender into it? It appears like many of the so-called girl gamers are fishing for a spot of attention. As if being a girl gamer is rare or a feat of some sort...

I get what you mean, I see girls playing online and their gamertag or psn is always something like 'xxxxmIsS-hOt-BaBeZxxxx' and they're pretty much on their mic getting attention from other guys in the game. It annoys me a lot especially when they're saying **** about other players when they're **** themselves :mad:

Original post by Dude6230
What console(s) do you girl gamers mostly play on?

Mainly PS3, sometimes PC
Original post by Avolil
omfg i know right!
Hmm wouldnt really consider myself girly when I'm in the zone.. Hahaha

Shouting and screaming at the game to get a move on xD

With dragon age i just yell at the characters to do something about it, but of course they don't know what there doing half the time :smile:

desdemonata - I'm an Xbox and Halo girl myself

Halo is damn right awesome! Played Halo4? Story is immense had me jumping about like a kid xD
Where are you gaming girls? Another dimension?

Also annoys me when girls feel the need to advertise that they're a girl to the world when playing online.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rianne!
Hey, so, I'm 17, and pretty much the ONLY girl I know that plays decent games. By decent, I mean Halo 4, all the Assassin's Creed games, Skyrim and Oblivion. COD just doesn't appeal, although I do like Zombies. When I mention I game, I usually get a few 'seriously, gaming? wow.' looks, but why? Does anyone find it weird that a girly-girl (which I can be) plays quite 'violent' games? X

Why would i find it 'werid'? Games are meant to be played.
I love a girl that plays games, not gonna lie.
Original post by APhilToRemember
Halo is damn right awesome! Played Halo4? Story is immense had me jumping about like a kid xD

Of course :smug: I spent most of this Christmas playing Halo 4 or Borderlands 2 with my brother :ahee:

To be honest I found the campaign really short :sad: I can't play on Xbox Live, and I really noticed the difference. It used to take us ages to get through the campaign on our first play-through back with the older Halos. But still, awesome game even though I can't play online (which I have been told is awesomer).
Reply 29
Original post by Knight Artorias
This thread just screams LOOK AT ME EVERYONE! I'M A GIRL WHO PLAYS GAMES! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm sorry but; this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Anyone a big fan of Assassins Creeds 3??
Reply 31
Original post by McCaffery

Cant say I am tbh! Took farrrr too long to get into. I think the best ones are 1 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by desdemonata

To be honest I found the campaign really short :sad: I can't play on Xbox Live, (which I have been told is awesomer).

Campaign was short i suppose but i found the connection between Chief and Cortana was told brilliantly and its the first of a new trilogy :biggrin:

As for online, its decent but need groups of friends on otherwise its quite boring, also there's spartan ops which is carry on from the story told in chapters which you can play every week, its immense, you really are missing out!
Original post by Avolil
I think the best ones are 1 and 2

You most certainly are right! I stopped after them as found it was doing the same as Call of Duty bringing one out after the other every year, ruined it...
Reply 34
Original post by Rianne!
Hey, so, I'm 17, and pretty much the ONLY girl I know that plays decent games. By decent, I mean Halo 4, all the Assassin's Creed games, Skyrim and Oblivion. COD just doesn't appeal, although I do like Zombies. When I mention I game, I usually get a few 'seriously, gaming? wow.' looks, but why? Does anyone find it weird that a girly-girl (which I can be) plays quite 'violent' games? X

For a second there I was afraid you'd list COD. Thankfully you didnt :biggrin:

I'm a fan but I thought the ending was a bit bad, rest of the game was good though.

The story was also a bit short, I think Ubisoft spent a lot of time on side missions and other things like collecting the Boston and New York items and crafting and all that.
Original post by APhilToRemember
Campaign was short i suppose but i found the connection between Chief and Cortana was told brilliantly and its the first of a new trilogy :biggrin:

As for online, its decent but need groups of friends on otherwise its quite boring, also there's spartan ops which is carry on from the story told in chapters which you can play every week, its immense, you really are missing out!

Fair enough :tongue: but of course if you only have campaign the shortness is such an irritation.

I know :sad: I would get it if I could, but I can't (we don't have a phoneline in my house or landline internet so...)

Original post by cartasiac
For a second there I was afraid you'd list COD. Thankfully you didnt :biggrin:

:rofl: :five:
Reply 37
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
I'm a fan but I thought the ending was a bit bad, rest of the game was good though.

The story was also a bit short, I think Ubisoft spent a lot of time on side missions and other things like collecting the Boston and New York items and crafting and all that.

yea me too, i'm starting to think i should of kept Black Ops 2 instead
yea me too, i'm starting to think i should of kept Black Ops 2 instead

If they changed the ending and made the story a bit better and longer, I would have thought it was worth £43

I don't have Black Ops 2, only have the 1st one. I only play it for the zombies to be honest
Reply 39
Original post by desdemonata
Fair enough :tongue: but of course if you only have campaign the shortness is such an irritation.

I know :sad: I would get it if I could, but I can't (we don't have a phoneline in my house or landline internet so...)

:rofl: :five:

The saddest day ever: when I met a really attractive girl who was into hardcore games, and those games were COD: MW, MW2 and Black Cops. The relationship failed due to "irreconcilable differences" :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest