The Student Room Group

University of Toronto

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can check on their page for a History undergrad degree and search for it.

Have you sent them an email yet? I never spoke with them before, but I'm sure they are accessible. You can request info too.

This seems like a good way of asking for info, too.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Your question got me curious, so I found this as well lol

Hope it helps.
Original post by Raheem786
Thanks for that.

On the first link it says $40,000 is that for all 3 years or just one? If all 3, it's similar to the UK fee...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Undergraduate degrees in Canada are 4 years long, just to let you know. So that might change your calculations.
Hi,

I was just wondering how much it would cost an international student (UK) to study at the university of toronto doing a history undergrad. Degree?
*I can't understand/ find the answer

Thanks,
Raheem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey mate!

I attended UofT for my undergraduate. I stayed in residence with alot of foreign students. I'll let you know, it's very expensive if you don't have family to stay with in Toronto. For me, a Canadian, my first year living on residence + tuition cost around 15,000. It's always more for international students, so if your going to be living on residence, look to be paying over 20,000/year with tuition included. Toronto isn't a cheap city either, if you find a decent place, you could end up paying around 15,000/year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks for that.

On the first link it says $40,000 is that for all 3 years or just one? If all 3, it's similar to the UK fee...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything is quoted per year in north america. So if you see 40k, its 40k/year. I dont think its 40k by the way, seems too high, you're probably looking at something else.
Reply 6
It's per year. You'll find it alot more expensive than the UK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Just a warning, U of T is notorious for being a GPA killer, so think carefully about going there.
Original post by jco19
Just a warning, U of T is notorious for being a GPA killer, so think carefully about going there.

lol, the school should have a warning on their website.. would of done me some good :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Applying to univesity of Toronto Scarborough it's deadline is 30 June so gonna fill in the online Ontario form! My firm is UCL and insurance queen Mary

Applying to uoft just incase I do really bad in results like terrible to the point I lose even my insurance at queen Mary which is 3Bs.

Did they need a predicted grade and do Canadians too gove conditional offers or is it unconfitional??

Also my predicted grades when I applied in the uk is AAB but when I apply to canada want my teacher to predict me CCC or not even mention predicted grades. Cause I merely using uoft as the ultimate back up.

Would I get accepted like the CCC , cause alevels are considered harder in comparison to what Canadians study in High school,Also if you do well and get minimum of a B you get first year credits if I don't I won't get credits so its no big desk cause ill just study first year the same as Canadians and start September with no credits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I wouldn't go to UofT for history. First of all its very expensive for an international student. Second of all, its a huge university and unfortunately very impersonal. Most of the students live outside campus and commute to school. There is constant inter-college rivalries (UofT fighting each other) and the support provided is not worth the money you pay.

Class sizes in 1st year are routinely 1000-1500 and don't get down below 100 until 3rd year.
:laugh:

Reply 12
Can someone please answer my question would I get into uoft scarbrough deadline is 30 June need to apply quick. I'm a dual citizen so fees is not problem it's getting accepted so would I ? And do they give unconditional offers???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I mean for chemistry coop course which us competitive but I was told that if not i would be put into noncoop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by orange94
Can someone please answer my question would I get into uoft scarbrough deadline is 30 June need to apply quick. I'm a dual citizen so fees is not problem it's getting accepted so would I ? And do they give unconditional offers???

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't work the same way. They will either give you an offer or not, and all students have to keep their grades at a certain level in order to retain their place. That level is typically much lower than what is required in order to get in, though, leading to "senioritis" - a common affliction among Canadian youth in which their marks no longer matter, so they slack off in the last few weeks of high school. So if you get in and your marks don't plummet, you stay in. Also, UofT Scarborough accepts a hell of a lot of people, so just apply.
Reply 15
Original post by Godric
It doesn't work the same way. They will either give you an offer or not, and all students have to keep their grades at a certain level in order to retain their place. That level is typically much lower than what is required in order to get in, though, leading to "senioritis" - a common affliction among Canadian youth in which their marks no longer matter, so they slack off in the last few weeks of high school. So if you get in and your marks don't plummet, you stay in. Also, UofT Scarborough accepts a hell of a lot of people, so just apply.

Thank you, yeah I applied yesterday. Really hope I get in cause there is no way I wanna go through clearing in the uk. Although I hope I get into ucl or queen Mary!

I spoke to the admission tutor on the phone and they said your degree will say uoft not Scarborough! Also, is it somewhat easier to get into Scarborough then st George downtown!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Godric

When you say lower is B's and c's good for a level.

They said they look at 5 Gcse's and I have 10 so which ones will they look at. I am applied to coop chemistry.

Got A in maths, A in cot science, A in additional science , A in businesses studies, B in English language, B in English literature, B in history, C in French, C in statistics, C in religious studies!

Are these grades good for uoft Scarborough for Gcse!

Also i got a D in Gcse law I picked it up as an extra in last few months of yr11 so regret it as its on my Aqa certificate with my other Gcse and everyone will know I got a d in law!

Will that hinder my chances in getting in cause I got a D in GCSE Law!

Really need to get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by orange94
When you say lower is B's and c's good for a level.

They said they look at 5 Gcse's and I have 10 so which ones will they look at. I am applied to coop chemistry.

Got A in maths, A in cot science, A in additional science , A in businesses studies, B in English language, B in English literature, B in history, C in French, C in statistics, C in religious studies!

Are these grades good for uoft Scarborough for Gcse!

Also i got a D in Gcse law I picked it up as an extra in last few months of yr11 so regret it as its on my Aqa certificate with my other Gcse and everyone will know I got a d in law!

Will that hinder my chances in getting in cause I got a D in GCSE Law!

Really need to get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I had an F in one of my gcse. I didnt even know the F grade existed, it was some terrible asian second language which I never understood.

Anyway, people just laughed it off, no one even considered it when I applyed for anything. Canadian universities are great that way, even they realize that some grades mean nothing. I still think its funny to this day even though it's been so long lol.
Reply 18
Original post by Zilch
I think I had an F in one of my gcse. I didnt even know the F grade existed, it was some terrible asian second language which I never understood.

Anyway, people just laughed it off, no one even considered it when I applyed for anything. Canadian universities are great that way, even they realize that some grades mean nothing. I still think its funny to this day even though it's been so long lol.

Looool you can a G in Gcse even! Ummm so when they ask for the documents they said the want an original I personally don't want to give the original as I only have one copy and I'm not gonna for jack **** if it gets lost . So I'm planning on sending a copy of my Gcse certificates with a stamp from my school to verity my grades with a signature! Is that cool or will they get annoyed. I mean the whole point of looking at is proof of the grades I achieved. Help????!!????!?!?!???!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Zilch

Canadian universities i think only look at your best scores for Canadians so i guess they do it for the UK as well. I warn you though if you go to UofT, expect heavy competition because Canadian universities accept everyone, but not everyone does well.

Getting in isn't as hard as getting a good grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending