The Student Room Group

Anyone help? Problem with my gf

These days I just feel my love for her isn't being reciprocated. I've had exams all week long last week, and understandably we haven't talked to each other much. But I mean after my exams finished, I am free to talk to her/text her and she knows this too.

But really long waits for her texts really kills me. Idk what am I meant to do? I don't wanna send her texts every 5 mins and if we're away for a couple of hours, we tell each other that "I'm gonna be away for a bit, I'll text u when I'm back"; but recently this has not been the case.

I'm not sure what wrong have I done that I'm being 'ignored' by her. Whenever we talk, I always make her laugh, make her feel beautiful, spend time with her... but it's just that now, all of that has been reduced to nearly nothing because of the lack of our contact.

Am I losing her...or am I thinking too much?
If she's seeming distant then maybe it's because she feels smothered. And by being clingy will only make it worse. Wait for her to contact you then bring it up in a more casual way. Try to get her to talk to you without forcing it upon her.
Reply 2
Original post by M e m p h i s
If she's seeming distant then maybe it's because she feels smothered. And by being clingy will only make it worse. Wait for her to contact you then bring it up in a more casual way. Try to get her to talk to you without forcing it upon her.

Smothered by what though?

It's not as if I've already become clingy or anything.. it's just all of a sudden there's been a drop in our convos/chats. I did talk to her about it, yesterday, but it's repeated again. :frown:
People have bad days. Maybe she's just going through something at the moment. Give her time to work it out and if she wants to talk about it, you should be someone she'll come to for that.
Reply 4
Original post by M e m p h i s
People have bad days. Maybe she's just going through something at the moment. Give her time to work it out and if she wants to talk about it, you should be someone she'll come to for that.

Ok well.. I hope you're right. When asked how she was, she just said she din't wanna tk abt it. but i guess i'll give it a fw more dayz
Original post by Anonymous
Ok well.. I hope you're right. When asked how she was, she just said she din't wanna tk abt it. but i guess i'll give it a fw more dayz

Yeah, let her work it out for a while. Be there for her when she needs you :smile:
These days I just feel my love for her isn't being reciprocated. I've had exams all week long last week, and understandably we haven't talked to each other much. But I mean after my exams finished, I am free to talk to her/text her and she knows this too.

But really long waits for her texts really kills me. Idk what am I meant to do? I don't wanna send her texts every 5 mins and if we're away for a couple of hours, we tell each other that "I'm gonna be away for a bit, I'll text u when I'm back"; but recently this has not been the case.

I'm not sure what wrong have I done that I'm being 'ignored' by her. Whenever we talk, I always make her laugh, make her feel beautiful, spend time with her... but it's just that now, all of that has been reduced to nearly nothing because of the lack of our contact.

Am I losing her...or am I thinking too much?

well all that constant texting business can't go on indefinitely, right? it has to fizzle out sooner or later.
Reply 7
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
well all that constant texting business can't go on indefinitely, right? it has to fizzle out sooner or later.

I agree. But surely there's a progression towards that. It can't just be instantaneous, or am I missing something here?
Reply 8
Does she seem distant in what she writes in the texts or when you do meet up or call? If everything else is fine it might just be that she doesn't like being glued to her phone all the time, so will do other things but still reply from time to time. I know I often do this as I don't want to devote specific time to texting when I can do it whilst doing other things, even if those other things are just playing on a game or browsing here/Facebook, though my friends also do this so it's not like there's a person just sat waiting for the reply. Also have your exams actually finished now as she may feel guilty distracting you from revision and does she have any work to do herself?
Reply 9
Original post by StacFace
Does she seem distant in what she writes in the texts or when you do meet up or call? If everything else is fine it might just be that she doesn't like being glued to her phone all the time, so will do other things but still reply from time to time. I know I often do this as I don't want to devote specific time to texting when I can do it whilst doing other things, even if those other things are just playing on a game or browsing here/Facebook, though my friends also do this so it's not like there's a person just sat waiting for the reply. Also have your exams actually finished now as she may feel guilty distracting you from revision and does she have any work to do herself?

Well imo, things have become really general from her side. So yeah I guess she does "seem distant". And my exams have finished, although if we've got a lot of work to do, we'll let one another know that "we're busy" or something like that. We don't just cut off for hours on end, but I guess it's a given if she doesn't reply for a few hours that she's busy. oh well
I agree. But surely there's a progression towards that. It can't just be instantaneous, or am I missing something here?

hmmm I don't know, could be anything. maybe she's distracted. maybe she's deliberately trying to **** with you, knowing you'd post this question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending