The Student Room Group

Is there anyway I can make this up?

Ok, bit of a long story but its been at the back of my mind for ages. Last summer I went on a lads holiday to Kos. When out on the town me and my group of mates ran into this group of girls from London several times and we got chatting and became really friendly to one another. About midway through the holiday me and one of the girls became close and we went back to her hotel and did the 'deed'. I stayed round hers after we'd finished and went back to our place the following morning.

A couple of nights later, on the last night of the holiday we were in Status and when I was on my way to get a drink I saw her snogging some guy near to the bar. I was a bit jealous but just went to the bar, got my drink and returned to where my mates were. An hour or so later we were back at the bar talking about girls and I mentioned that i'd saw my pull snogging some guy by the bar about an hour before. They laughed, dragged me to one side and said that I should've left a more lasting impression on the girl.

Once they said that to me I had brainwave about how I could leave a more lasting impression on the girl (the alcohol probably triggered it). So with this I left the club and made my way to the girls hotel. I made my way up to the top floor where her room was and as I got to the start of the corridor I saw a fire extinguisher. At this point impulse took over. I picked it up, made my way down to the corridor where her room was and knocked on the door. A bloke (I'm fairly sure it was her pull that night) opened it and before he could get a word out I let off the fire extinguisher into her room. I was there for about 10-15 seconds firing the extinguisher when I put it down and legged it. As I ran through reception the receptionist (a rather large middle aged bloke) yelled at me and I heard him throw something out the way to give chase. But I was too quick for him and I ran out the front door and made good my escape into the night.

The next morning I woke up and felt guilty about what I had done. I told the boys about it and they just said not to worry about it. Nothing more was said of it and we packed and caught our flight home.

I looked up the girl on Facebook when I got home (I haven't friended her or anything) and I feel really bad for what I did in Kos because I'm worried she may have had to pay for a new extinguisher or she may have been fined. I've basically been wondering if I should drop her a line and apologise for what I did. So should I try and apologise to her or just forget it and move on?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I looked up the girl on Facebook when I got home (I haven't friended her or anything) and I feel really bad for what I did in Kos because I'm worried she may have had to pay for a new extinguisher or she may have been fined. I've basically been wondering if I should drop her a line and apologise for what I did. So should I try and apologise to her or just forget it and move on?

I definitely don't think you should expect anything out of contacting her. I can't imagine she was exactly happy about it. I think you would probably feel a lot better apologising to her since it really seems to bother you. I don't see anything wrong with doing that as you really have nothing to lose. Perhaps just send her a message (if her profile is set up to it you can do this without actually adding her), and yeah just get it of your chest but like I said, don't expect anything out of it and if she doesn't reply just leave it and move on.
Reply 2
I wouldn't contact her if I were you, she might ask you to pay up any money she might have been fined and whatnot. Just leave it, she'll know you were drunk and yeah she'll be mad about it but she'll get over it.
...wow, how drunk were you?
don't contact, it would be strange and she probably won't accept anyway.
It's not like you'll see her again.
Reply 4
Apologising to her will get rid of some of the guilt you feel, and make you feel better. You don't really have anything to lose by contacting her, either.
Bahaha, this is hilarious. Can you imagine going back to a girls only to be interupted midway through to open the door and some guy runs in with a fire extinguisher? I'd have paid good money to see the look on everyones face involved.
I'd let sleeping dogs lie. As someone said, she might try and get you to cough up some dosh!

Great story though - definitely something to tell at the pub etc.
that was massively crazy thing to do!!

She was ONS and you let yourself get that jealous and let it affect you? Wow...

saying that, dont admit to it. if you bring it up i think it could lead to more hassle than its worth/.
Reply 8
You may as well, if she asks you to pay some money or gets angry then you just ignore her. If she's understanding and wants to remain friends... jackpot!
Original post by waltgrace
You may as well, if she asks you to pay some money or gets angry then you just ignore her. If she's understanding and wants to remain friends... jackpot!

Or he could lead himself into some legal tangles which could see him being fined.
Reply 10
Definitely leave it. If the receptionist saw you, he's not going to fine her just because it was her door you smashed down.
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Or he could lead himself into some legal tangles which could see him being fined.

There is that I suppose.
Reply 12
I'd just leave it. Theres too great a risk she'll come after you for cash if she got fined
Reply 13
Thanks for the advice everyone, i'm considering possibly just send her a bit of cash anonymously tovmake up for it, would that be a good idea?
Reply 14
Thanks for the advice everyone, i'm considering possibly just send her a bit of cash anonymously tovmake up for it, would that be a good idea?

How does money make up for it?

She would not have been fined. She hasn't done anything wrong.
Reply 15
Original post by Treeroy
How does money make up for it?

She would not have been fined. She hasn't done anything wrong.

I dunno if the hotel fined her or not! I'm just wondering if it would help us put this episode behind us
Reply 16
Original post by Pop_tart
I definitely don't think you should expect anything out of contacting her. I can't imagine she was exactly happy about it. I think you would probably feel a lot better apologising to her since it really seems to bother you. I don't see anything wrong with doing that as you really have nothing to lose. Perhaps just send her a message (if her profile is set up to it you can do this without actually adding her), and yeah just get it of your chest but like I said, don't expect anything out of it and if she doesn't reply just leave it and move on.

What if I send her some money anonymously?
I suggest you send her £200 with a note saying "for that night we had in Kos".

I'm sure it will make her feel a lot better.
Reply 18
What if I send her some money anonymously?

I wouldn't just send her money out of nowhere. I think an apology means so much more than sending money but that is my opinion. I can imagine other people might think very differently about that though.

You have to keep in mind that even though this is bother you now she might have moved on completely. She obviously wouldn't have expected you to contact her after the holiday was over so it will come very unexpected either way.

I think sending her a message is fine. A lot of people here say don't do it but if this is really something that is bothering you I don't see why that would be a problem. She might appreciate it, she might not but at least you have got it of your chest (and that is not selfish!).

I don't think she would expect any money from you. If you are in a position to give her money just like that and it makes you feel better no one is stopping you.

I mean it really comes down to you. Generally I would say just leave it but since it really seems to bother you, there is no harm in contacting her if you know what I mean.
OP, do NOT send her money anonymously..

If you feel guilty about it, just contact her and apologise.

That way, at least you're being a man about it.

Quick Reply