The Student Room Group

Help - Need Advice!

Scroll to see replies

Hey im going for second interview with duckhouse events im a hard worker and good with sales hope your right about what you said my only worry is there is more people with bad reviews if it was bitter people surely there would be happy employees commenting fighting there corner?
Original post by Rim991
So basically im on my gap year and was looking for work along my voluntary work etc. So i got really happy when i goti a interview at this company SSC Marketing. They apparently recently opened a office in nottingham as their based in london! However after i got called back for the 2nd interview stage i decided to do some research. And all i found is how similar companies like LMS are a scam. But the thing that worried me was the similarities between SSCM and LMS. The interviews were exactly the same and both are based in London and Nottingham. When i checked the SSCM website their london adress was exactly the same as LMS LONDON adress! What should i do should i go to the interview and possibly do 9hours door to door sale(manager just told me it would last 9h and would be outside) and i heard that the salaries are really low so i might as well be on JSA! The main thing is that i dont know if SSCM is just another scam as i heard LMS uses a lot of names. Or if the bussiness is genuine? And if it is a scam can i just quit in the middle of the interview?Feel stupid as that was literally my first interview :frown:

I hate seeing people say this.

Everybody has to start somewhere, you can't expect to apply for a job and be offered a decent amount of money from the word go. Everybody needs to work their way up, you earn good money, you don't just get it.
Day one of a sales man, isn't going to come with a huge pay packet.

To say you're better off on job seekers, is (to be honest) sickening.
Why should other, hard working people, pay for you to turn down work? Say this job paid the same as JSA, you're suggesting you'd be better off still having the tax payers fund you, while you search for something better? Nu uh, life doesn't work that way.

You work, you gain experience, you whine about it, you feel underpaid and you come home feeling tired. But you feel proud and you chuck it on your CV for the next job you apply for, a job that may take you on at higher pay due to the experience you've gained in a previous job role. Or you may even progress in the company you start with, work your way up the ladder.

You don't just sit back and allow others to pay your way though, because imagine if we all did that? Then you wouldn't have a JSA to claim.

With regards to the scam thing, ask them for their company reg no., research them further and see what their website brings up. See if others have mentioned being scammed by this company. go to the next interview and ask questions, ask how many employees they have, ask about company pensions and you'll soon get a gut instinct as to whether or not they are dodgy.

You can walk out whenever you like, if you don't want the job then it won't matter, you'll never have to see them again. It'd be rude, you should probably just sit the interview out even if you don't want the job. But there's nothing stopping you from getting up and leaving.
Original post by Dee Leigh
I have had a similar experience where I applied for a job like that. It's not a scam, but job is commission based, and it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Beware and avoid.

I agree, always do proper research before getting involved in anything!
Reply 23
I was just about to apply, I am SO glad I did some research before hand.
Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 24
hi everyone,

I've been contacted by a company called Ventas Central. Can anyone tell me whether this another scam company I am being called for an interview?
Reply 25
Hello I have an interview with this company on monday at 2.30pm and was doing some research when I found your post!
Today I had a telephone conversation with a lovely lady about the company/myself and role, she was nice enough to put me forward for a interview with the manager. Iam just graduating from university and haven't done a job like this before, but what attracted me was the role for marketing assistant manager. It would be really helpful to know your own experience within the company regarding roles and if you could give me any advice reading the position.
Is this a real company?? or fake??
please help me guys!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reading through this, just wondering - OnPoint Marketing Solutions are under the same address as pro logic acquisition - not sure whether to attend the second interview or not?

Is this the same type of thing? Any advice?
Reply 27
i have an interview there tomorrow and commission doesn't sound like something I could do at all. Plus if you have no wage guarentees I don't think its worth it.
Still going to attend but I will either bugger the interview up or refuse any offers if they come through.
Door to Door is not what I want to do in life wish they would make it clear. But then again no one would apply for it then.
Reply 28
I mean Prologic acquisitions also I would turn it down if I had an offer just because I have several more interviews in the week one is something I really want to do.
Reply 29
How was the interview? I have one tomorrow. Is it definitely door to door sales? most people have been saying it's in Manchester however mine is in Leeds.
I was looking for a part time job and applied to this company and then only to quickly receive two phone calls from two different people at this company 'ProLogic Acquisitions' in Manchester, UK. Not only did they sell it to me by saying things such as "we would like you to come in for an interview as our directors have shortlisted your cv" and that "there are recent international expansion projects abroad" but it actually made my day...

Then when I came on the StudentRoom...everything bloody changed when I read about them. They don't and I repeat DON'T mention to you that their marketing techniques are based on a pyramid scheme and it is working door to door either selling or posting ****ty catalogues...What a terrible way to exploit young people looking for good work.

And I mean, take a look at their god damn website, spelling mistakes all over the place, talk about professionalism...
I was recently contact by Prologic Acquisitions regarding an interview. Reading these comments reminds me of similar reviews about a very similar company. Commission based work is not for me, I need to know how much i'll be paid even if it only minimum wage. I don't want to become one of those door-to-door salesmen I hate so much. Thank you for confirming my concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending