The Student Room Group

Is this wrong of me?

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, be the bigger person. Although you feel hurt, posting the picture would be going to low.

You don't know the repercussions for him or you and could affect you both.

I am sorry if that's blunt, but that's my honest opinion. Don't try to humiliate him, although you felt upset/humiliated. It's just not worth it. You would look bitter and childish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Don't do this.

Yes, it sounds like he took advantage of you. You need to come to terms with that properly, and realise it's nothing on you, he's just been a jerk. At 16, naivety is pretty normal.

Despite him being a jerk:

1. Posting photos on fb is an escalation on what he did to you. That he hurt you first is no excuse. It would be a rotten, spiteful thing to do.

2. In the long-run, depending ofc on what kind of person you are, I don't think this action will make you feel good; I think you are more likely to feel ashamed.

3. Regardless of whatever circumstances that led to it, if you do this, virtually everyone who sees or hears of what you have done will on some level identify you forevermore on a spectrum of childish/petty/untrustworthy to all out ****bag. Even if it was the right thing to do (which it isn't) - I dont think it would be worth that cost.

You obviously want closure. Why don't you contact the guy to let him know that you see through his excuses and you think what he did was really shameful. He probably attempts to justify his behaviour to himself rather than being an outright monster. In which case, reminding him he's a prick may be the most constructive thing to do, and if he actually offers an apology, the most therapeutic too.
Original post by Calllu-m
Employers and unis will be able to see it even after it's deleted so you could be damaging further prospects. Just move on.

paranoid much - this is plainly not true
Original post by a.partridge
paranoid much - this is plainly not true

Nope, still stays on some sort of central database. You know when you open a link in a new tab like so:

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417360_479829225371427_858071102_n.jpg (lol sorry about the picture chosen)

even after the copy on fb is deleted you can still access the photo from that link so it must exist somewhere and if an employer is curious enough they can find it if they try.
Reply 24
Everything on this thread that has been said is right really. I know it would make me look childish, immature, and I shouldn't sink to his level. I think deep down I'm not actually over him and it just pisses me off to see that he's getting on with his life, with no care that he hurt me and then I have so much bitterness and anger inside of me and just the fact that I think about him a lot. He irritates me just by existing.

Will I do it? Probably not, because I don't want to look like some creepy obsessive stalker weirdo.
Just go out and get your dick wet bro. You won't be thinking of him then...
Reply 26
At least you've learnt at a young age that life throws poo at you unexpectedly from any direction.

Just do something productive with it next time, dont dwell that you have poo on you. Just brush it off and start fresh. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Glutesforsloots
Just go out and get your dick wet bro. You won't be thinking of him then...

hahahahaaha, thanks for the advice but I don't think that will help :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by Theatre
Everything on this thread that has been said is right really. I know it would make me look childish, immature, and I shouldn't sink to his level. I think deep down I'm not actually over him and it just pisses me off to see that he's getting on with his life, with no care that he hurt me and then I have so much bitterness and anger inside of me and just the fact that I think about him a lot. He irritates me just by existing.

Will I do it? Probably not, because I don't want to look like some creepy obsessive stalker weirdo.

Hey at least you can be honest with yourself about it. Time and venting will heal your rage. You could contact him, but that will only help if he shows remorse. If he shows no remorse I'll imagine you'll be tipped over the edge... Best to wait until you've got out some of that anger first. Find something to distract yourself? Rant to your friends?
Nope, still stays on some sort of central database. You know when you open a link in a new tab like so:

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417360_479829225371427_858071102_n.jpg (lol sorry about the picture chosen)

even after the copy on fb is deleted you can still access the photo from that link so it must exist somewhere and if an employer is curious enough they can find it if they try.

unless your employer is MI-5 I highly doubt that anybody is ever ever going to look at anything like this - I think you vastly overestimate the capability of human resources departments across the country
Original post by Theatre
hahahahaaha, thanks for the advice but I don't think that will help :tongue:

Haha. Well good luck with everything anyway, brah!
Reply 31
Original post by Theatre
Hey everyone,

basically I am a 16 year old gay guy and recently I was "seeing" a 17 year old guy, and we were talking for a few months, going out together to do things (like ice skating and stuff, but my friends usually came too) and then one night he invited me round his to stay the night. As I thought he was interested me, and I was really interested in him, I decided I would to watch DVDs and stuff like that. Anyway obviously when I was there we ended up not watching the DVDs but I still luckily have my virginal innocence :colondollar:

We did a lot of things but not sex (he asked but I said no), anyway then the next day after I had left, I received a text from him saying how he isn't ready for a relationship and that he thinks its better if we stay friends and he's sorry if he's hurt me etc, that he wasn't really ever sure if he was over his past boyfriend blah blah blah. So basically, I'm pretty sure this charming boy used me. Now at first I was really upset and I believed everything he said so I couldn't bring myself to think I was being used, and I wasn't angry I was just pretty much devastated he wasn't ready for me. But now I'm completely over that and it's been about a week since this all happened and I've realised that it's completely his fault and he clearly used me. I'm pretty sure he used me because he had a reputation as a manwhore anyway, but he had told me he'd changed and because he was always talking to me, coming out doing things with me I believed him.

Anyway, here is what I need advice on. I found some photos he had sent me when we were talking and they are not nudes, but more like he is in just boxers doing a really over the top pose pulling a hideous face that is attempting to look really sexual. I howled with laughter when I found them and I've showed all my friends and they think it's hilarious too, and the thing that makes it funnier is this guy is really "straight acting" so you can't tell he is gay from his looks, the way he talks or dresses or whatever. Anyway, I really have a desire to post this photo on facebook for all his friends and my friends to see, as I want to humiliate him, like he did to me. He hurt my dignity, I'll hurt his.

Am I being harsh in doing this?

P.S. I never sent him any photos of this nature, so there's no chance of it backfiring onto me. Please give me advice! I know I might come across as a bit of a bitch but he really hurt me so, I just want to get revenge and humiliate this manwhore!

edit: boo why do I have so many negative ratings, :-( if i was that bad I would have just done it without getting advice!

I was going to take a picture of Jay's face from the Inbetweeners and create a whole meme just for you. But the quote will have to do.

You are grim, mate.
Reply 32
two wrongs don't make a right, do the better thing
Reply 33
Nah I definitely won't bother posting the pic. I'll just kick him in the balls next time I see him at college, I'll feel so much better doing that anyway :-) thanks for the advice guys
No, it's a nasty thing to do. Even if he cheated or something, I still would think it was mean. Humiliating someone to get your own back just isn't how you should go about things in life. Think how you would feel if he did it to you. I understand you feel used and he broke your trust, but just try to move on. At the end of the day, getting revenge probably won't make you feel that much better about the situation and you will come out of it looking bitter and just plain nasty. Sorry to be a cliche, but two wrongs don't make a right :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Theatre
Nah I definitely won't bother posting the pic. I'll just kick him in the balls next time I see him at college, I'll feel so much better doing that anyway :-) thanks for the advice guys

1667101-son_i_am_disappoint_trollcat.jpg
Reply 36

This person is right!
Don't think you should do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Theatre

What's the point in doing anything at all? Just ignore him and try to move on rather than thinking about what you can do to make him feel hurt because that just stops you from moving on more quickly >.>.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending