The Student Room Group

Does my friend like me?

I am not asking this in a self absorbed way at all.

I have a boyfriend who I adore, but I think that one of our mutual friends likes me as more than a friend. I am not attracted to him and it makes me feel awkward. He has said flirtatious things to me in the past including 'with your looks I would have thought that you had more boyfriends' and sometimes tells me I look nice. (I know that is not always a sign). He often touches my arm or pats my head, he doesn't do this to my other female friends. I felt really uncomfortable last week when he touched my hand, I don't see that as typical behavior of someone who only likes you as a friend? He also has the 'I fancy you eyes'. I think, could be wrong. I hope you know what I mean by that!

What do you think, and how can I get him to back off? I just feel uncomfortable :frown: Any help would be appreciated
Reply 1
It's conceivable that he feels more comfortable with you because you're completely unavailable?
Honestly, if he's making you uncomfortable and you're friends then just ask him what's going on?
Alternatively you could try to set him up with other girls, talk about how much you love your boyfriend in front of him etc?
How about just tell him?
Reply 3
Thanks for your replies. He knows that I love my boyfriend, so I don't know why he does it.

Also when my entire friendship group was staying over one friend's house for New Years he said that my hair looked nice down. I thanked him- its a friendly thing to say and I didn't consider it flirting. When I see him the next week he says 'sorry I didn't mean to flirt with you'... I didn't even think he was! I don't understand >.<

I can't just tell him that I don't fancy him, he hasn't explicitly told me and I have told him when he makes me uncomfortable but things keep happening :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending