The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University - Social/Campus/Night life

Hey guys,

I'm an exchange student that will be heading to the UK in at the end of 2013. One of the places I'm considering attending is here.

So I was wondering if anyone had any information on what the student experience is like? In terms of nightlife, surrounding area, campus social life/events etc.

Any information would be much appreciated?

I'm also tossing up between University of Hertfordshire and the University of Central Lancashire.
Hey :smile:
I'm just finishing my first year at Keele and the experience has been amazing for me. The SU is one of the best in the country. There are always events on each night with monday, wednesday and friday always heaving. We also get lots of great acts and funny dress-up nights. In terms of the campus it is really pretty and green and easy to find your way around. If you get accommodation on campus (very likely) you'll find yourself rarely leaving. There is a great atmosphere and because in terms of students we have a lower population you end up bumping into people all the time. It is really easy to meet new people and I particularly think that you get to know the lecturers really well with approx 60/70 people per course its hard not to.

The only draw back is that the nearest shopping districts (Hanly and Newcastle) aren't great although there is a few clubs in Hanly (20 mins away on the bus.) You never really need to leave campus to be honest because everything is here and the SU is that good!

First year is mainly for fun and even the lecturers kind of understand if you're a bit sleepy after returning form SU at 3 am and have 9 am lecture.

Hope this helps! Keele is great :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Yeah, Keele is a gem hidden in the Midlands; lovely place with a feel of a "brick red uni", but without snobbery...

Quick Reply

Latest