The Student Room Group

Psychology OCR G543 24th Jan 2013

HELP! :confused::confused:
This exam is going to be the end of me! Has anybody got revision ideas? I've done notes, revision cards and spider diagrams, but the evaluations I just cannot remember the methods of all the studies :frown:
If anyone can help with remembering the different methods in studies and their evaluations, I will be extremely thankful! :colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 1
Also, what grades are you expecting? I was so overexcited to know that the grade boundaries get put down nearly all the time for this exam!
Original post by sophierjones95
Also, what grades are you expecting? I was so overexcited to know that the grade boundaries get put down nearly all the time for this exam!

What do you need to get for an a?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To get an A you are looking at 12/15 in QB, and 7-8/10 in QA
I've made individual posters for each study, and small detailed note cards. With posted notes evaluating each study.
The last thing I need to do now is to do every past paper question section by section and it'll be in my head by Sunday.
Also my teacher said to memorise 3 out of the 4 sections in each chapter, because you get to make a choice of the questions you want to answer.
Reply 4
I do Health and Clinical and Forensics, and within those we've only ever studied 3 out of 4 sections as my teacher said there's no point wasting time on a section you'll never need. However instead of giving you 4 questions in each chapter, 1 from each section, sometimes they pick 2 from one section, so if you're unlucky they could be 2 from the section you've never learnt and therefore you have to do the 2 left that you have learnt. Awkward if they're studies you can't remember. Kinda harsh I guess! I hate this paper. Would rather do the AS core studies exam again!!

For revision, I have made individual pages for each study, then consolidated it onto 2 a3 sheets, one for health and clinical and one for forensics, with key points on. I'll also do as many past papers as possible.
So nervous about this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I done the persuasion and imprisonment, health promotion and disorders question, bit half and half about how it went, just hope I got my B :frown:
Reply 7
I need to get an A to get into university. Thankfully I bossed out my other modules so only need to get a B in the exam to get an A overall that being said. This exam is so freaking hard. Can't remember any study...besides Canter. Bitches love Canter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending