The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

LLB Law Part Time - Medway

I've seen the LLB Law at Medway takes 6 years to complete... is there no way it can be completed quicker?

I already hold a Certificate of Higher Education in Law which is the same modules as the ones as year 1 and 2 of the LLB (minus one module). Would I be able to obtain direct entry?

Thanks!
Hi Knalchemist,

Yes part-time study of the full LLB would take six years, but since you have a Certificate this would be equivalent to the first stage of study - so you would be able to apply for entry at the Diploma stage and continue on to complete the full degree in four years.

On your application, you must make sure you are applying for stage 2, rather than 1.

You said your certificate is equivalent to stages 1 and 2 with the exception of one module. I will say that It is only ever under exceptional circumstances that we will accept someone onto stage 3 of any of the courses we offer, so I would advise you to make your application to begin at stage 2.

But yes, with a certificate, you are able to apply for stage 2, and if you are accepted, completion will take four years, rather than six.

Thanks for your question,

Jay
(edited 11 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks.

I meant that my certificate of higher education is the same modules as Stage 1 of the LLB at Kent, barring one module (Criminal Law). So although I have a certificate, I'd be lacking one core module.
In that case, I would recommend contacting our information team on 01227 827272, or email on [email protected] and they can put you through to someone in the Law department to speak about your application.

Thanks,

Jay
Reply 4
Thanks a bunch! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending