The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Signed acceptance letter from Lancaster. Am I special? :)

I got a letter from Lancaster last wednesday saying they've accepted my application for Computer Science.

It was signed in pen from a Mr Reuben Edwards. The offer hasn't shown up on UCAS yet. I phoned them up and they said their data enterers were behind schedule.

Am I to be expecting anything special or is this standard?

EDIT: I'm not special. Sorry for posting silly question :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I got a letter saying that I would be recommended for an offer before I actually got one through UCAS. Lancaster sent me a lot of things through the post, info about my course and open days, etc., so I would assume it's fairly standard.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by desdemonata
I got a letter saying that I would be recommended for an offer before I actually got one through UCAS. Lancaster sent me a lot of things through the post, info about my course and open days, etc., so I would assume it's fairly standard.

Okay, thanks :frown:
Original post by Bennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Okay, thanks :frown:

Why the sad face? :smile: It means you have an offer! :five:

I really liked getting all my things through the post. As I was living abroad at the time I hadn't managed to go to any open days or anything and it made me feel special too :biggrin:
Original post by desdemonata
Why the sad face? :smile: It means you have an offer! :five:

I really liked getting all my things through the post. As I was living abroad at the time I hadn't managed to go to any open days or anything and it made me feel special too :biggrin:

Very true, I am happy about having an offer. It's just the offer is higher than my predictions. I am predicted ABC and the offer is ABB (I think).

I was hoping it was special because if I don't get the ABB they might be more lenient and still give me an offer :smile:

And I do agree, getting the offer through the post is so much nicer than having the ominous 'Something on your UCAS has changed' email.
Reply 5
Gratz on the offer :smile:
Original post by `Jts
Gratz on the offer :smile:

Reply 7
I got a letter from Lancaster last wednesday saying they've accepted my application for Computer Science.

It was signed in pen from a Mr Reuben Edwards. The offer hasn't shown up on UCAS yet. I phoned them up and they said their data enterers were behind schedule.

LOL no you're not that special.

I'll be seeing you next year, I have firmed for this course tehe ^_^
Reply 8
I'm at Lancaster studying Computer Science and trust me Reuben isn't exactly the head of the course
Gratz on getting in though
Original post by Tish
LOL no you're not that special.

I'll be seeing you next year, I have firmed for this course tehe ^_^

Darn, haha. Good that you have firmed it. The course looks so good! If I can get the grades, I'll see you there next year too :smile:
Original post by Ben L D
I'm at Lancaster studying Computer Science and trust me Reuben isn't exactly the head of the course
Gratz on getting in though

How have you found Computer Science at Lancaster so far? And thanks :smile:
No it's just a standard letter I'm afraid, same one I got anyway...maybe it's only us 2 who are special?!
Na just kidding everyone's probably got the same letter lol
Anyway, congratz on the offer! Might be seeing you next year :P
Now let's hope you do well in your exams :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, guys!
I'm not sure what to do - i haven't received anything from Lancaster uni through post, event though I have 2 offers (Applied for Advertising&Marketing and Marketing(year abroad))
Other unis sent me some letters and info about accommodation, but so far I have nothing from Lancaster. It's been almost two months.
I'm not sure whether to ask them to send me another one (maybe the first one got lost somewhere) or maybe everything useful is on the internet?
Reply 13
Original post by G1223
Hey, guys!
I'm not sure what to do - i haven't received anything from Lancaster uni through post, event though I have 2 offers (Applied for Advertising&Marketing and Marketing(year abroad))
Other unis sent me some letters and info about accommodation, but so far I have nothing from Lancaster. It's been almost two months.
I'm not sure whether to ask them to send me another one (maybe the first one got lost somewhere) or maybe everything useful is on the internet?

Phone them.

Simple

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I also got an official letter from the admissions tutor by post (Economics and Mathematics program) but up to today there is still no change on UCAS. I am so impressed by the way he wrote to me and also recommended to the UG admission that I be offered a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course you're special!

But the way you got your offer certainly wasn't :wink:
Reply 16
Well, I just got a letter from them today and they said they recommended me too and signed it. I think they reject people and applications which they like the recommend? I've no idea.

EDIT: I'm not special. Sorry for posting silly question :smile:

lol no ur not that special sorry!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending