The Student Room Group

All night revision, or sleep?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iShiny
Hello. I was wondering which is better; staying up all night with energy drinks revising, or having an early night. I'd love to know for future reference. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you really need to cram, I would stay up till 2 LATEST not with energy drinks but apples and naturally energizing herbal teas- caffeine will just make you crash harder later on during your exam. Then make sure you get a few hours good quality rest and eat a good breakfast. I've done this before, but obvs best thing is to prepare ahead of time. (doing it now)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by siennamay
If you really need to cram, I would stay up till 2 LATEST not with energy drinks but apples and naturally energizing herbal teas- caffeine will just make you crash harder later on during your exam. Then make sure you get a few hours good quality rest and eat a good breakfast. I've done this before, but obvs best thing is to prepare ahead of time.

2013* XD

But since this thread has been brought back -
I found at uni that staying up for long periods of time is a bad way to revise/work, it is much better to some work, nap then do some more work as it's much less stressful and your more attentive.
I still prefer working at night; I've always been a night owl :smile:.
Depends on how your body will react but I really don't recommend it! For my exam this morning I've been up all night, and had 4 coffees... I felt my exam was poor and now I'm feeling like death :frown: Look after yourself and get a good night sleep :smile:
Reply 23
Early night, I know by my friends at uni when they have stayed up all night revising/writing essays the marks that they get aren't great simply because your brain doesn't function as well as it would on a good nights sleep. You may feel like staying up all night revising will help you retain more information and you are gaining extra hours of revision, but to be honest how much of that infor is going to go in when you are so tired :smile:

Hope that helps! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending