The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 1 answers Jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi Mr M for 7iii i didnt get the constant in front of the x right but i did get the power right would i get one mark for that? thanks!
What was question 6i,Ii and iii?
Reply 82
someone get the paper:frown:
Original post by azns
Mr M, how many marks will I lose if I put the incorrect inequality signs for question 8?

I'm guessing one if it's the wrong way round or you used less than or equal to.
Anyone got the paper?
Original post by Mr M
Q.

For q10 I got stuck and said the gradient was 8 and differentiated the equation... How many marks would that be?
Reply 86
Was I the only one that found it REALLY hard?! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xT4Z1N4TRx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na same here bro. Guess we can always retake eh?
Reply 88
Original post by chelseafan
Na same here bro. Guess we can always retake eh?

I know, but retakes are effort :frown: I hate how they included a bloody 10 mark and 7 mark question the tw***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
I realise that I got the higher mark questions right and the low 3/2 markers wrong. Does anyone know the questions for 7, mainly i and iii.
Reply 90
Hiya, just wondering if you had seen the mechanics 2 paper today and whether there was a similar unofficial mark scheme for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
For 7i) I put:

((3x)^2 x x^4) / x = 9x x x^3 (dividing both values by x like a plonker). I went on to get dy/dx = 36x^3. How many marks would I lose for this. Thanks.
I got y+2x-12=0
Will they take a mark.off cos it said in the form
ax+by+c=0

:frown:
Reply 93
Original post by mcfc@2012
For 7i) I put:

((3x)^2 x x^4) / x = 9x x x^3 (dividing both values by x like a plonker). I went on to get dy/dx = 36x^3. How many marks would I lose for this. Thanks.
What was the Question?
Original post by xT4Z1N4TRx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the last question really hard, that finding K one was a bit hard but I managed to get an answer down.

One of my friends came out of the exam like 'OMG that was the best maths exam ever' and i was just like no.:confused:
Reply 95
Original post by thehman
What was the Question?

Find dy/dx for:

[(3x)^2 x x^4] / x

It was 3 marks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 96
Yeah I made the exact same mistake, Hopefully well get a mark or 2! What about iii, you know the question??
Original post by nigerianTank
For question 10, how many marks would u get for the correct coordinates and differentiating, but not with the hidden quadratic parts?

How did you do it otherwise?
Reply 98
Hi mr M for part 7iii i didnt get the constant infront of the x right but i did get the power right would i get a mark for that
Original post by thebigman1
Does anybody know what 9(iii) was and how they got to their answer? Think i messed that one up...
Also how many marks would i get on question 10 for getting the right x-value but subbing it into the wrong equation and therefore getting the wrong y-value

9(iii) Find the equation of the tangent to the circle at the point (7, -2) giving your answer in the form ax + by + c = 0 where a, b and c are integers.

10) Drop 1 or 2 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending