The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hi, I am currently studying my GCSEs and I am due to take them in summer (2013) however I need to have my A level choices in by halfway through feb. I want to be a vet, so need chemistry and maths and either biology or physics. However, if I was to take all 4 of these, would I be able to cope? Has anyone taken 3 sciences and maths? Will it be too much? Thanks in advance guys:smile:
Reply 1
Yes plenty of people cope with it and do well in all their exams. I do Maths Chemistry Physics and History (which a lot of people find harder than biology) and i'm doing fine. As long as you are organised and put the work in you shouldn't have any problems :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks:smile: Im considering not taking chemistry and taking history instead although this would mean i couldnt be a vet, so its tough :frown:
Reply 3
i wouldn't recommend history. I choses it cause i like the content but the essays have sucked all the enjoyment out of the subject.
Hi there, just saw this post and thought I might throw my own point in there. First of all, don't worry about workload, I take Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, and Psychology and I find the workload fine :smile: The key to success at A-Level is good time management and motivation! I also know people who do all 3 sciences and maths, about the same workload (but maths gets a bit loaded sometimes) but in terms of coping its perfectly possible, I initially did physics and switched to English Lit about 3 weeks in (wasn't really for me) but in terms of content I personally find chemistry really interesting. Just sat my Unit 1 exam on the OCR Salters B exam board and it went fine (hopefully! :eek:).

Anyway, summing it up workload and your ability to cope all depends on how much work you are willing to put in, don't let fear of it get in your way, if you want to be a vet, be a vet! :smile: Also, good luck for your upcoming exams and I hope this was helpful (if a bit long :colondollar:) and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about biology or chem, or just stuff in general :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending