The Student Room Group

C1 Edexcel Jan 2013 Model Answers (attached to the first post)

Attached are my model answers to the C1 Jan 2013 paper.

I thought it was a reasonable paper. Some of the questions were standard but were tweaked to make them a little more challenging. There was not many complete gift marks on this paper though.

1. Pretty easy factorising (3)
2. Powers, could be tricky but similar questions have been asked (2)
3. Surds, fairly easy (3)
4. Recurrence sequence, very easy (5)
5. Coordinate geometry, pretty straight forward (7)
6. Transforming / sketching graphs / sim. equations (12)

quite predictable that this question would be asked. Part (a) was pretty easy for 5 marks and b) was very easy. c) was tricky(ish) for another 5 marks

7. Arithmetic sequence; very easy (8)
8. Integration, very standard, should have been easy (6)
9. Discrim, quite easy if you remembered to bring 5 over at the start (7)

Another question that was very easy to predict was coming up and an easy tweak to predict.

10. Completing the square, tricky(ish) (7)

Given what was asked on the June 12 paper -x^2 this was another one that could have been predicted.

11. Differentiation, not too bad, fairly standard part c) wasn't that nice though (12)

Overall I would say it was probably a little easier than June 12 and that was 59/75 for an A. It will probably be around 59 for an A again.

I will not have a lot of time to answer endless, how many marks will I get questions if... ? If I have time I will but most of the time you can find out yourself by checking past mark schemes. Also, please read the thread before asking a question as I (or someone else) may have already answered the same question.

Don't bother PM'ng me as I don't check PM's.

:wink:

Common answers...

No, I am not a student.

No, I don't have access to the papers before the exam. Only once they have been sat (UK time).

Yes, I am sure the answers are correct (although I haven't checked my C2 ones)

No, I don't have the actual boundaries. These are calculated from the actual results and will not be released until results day in March (well the day before). Boundaries at this stage are simply estimations based on past papers and past boundaries.

I will probably do model answers to C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1, M2, D1, FP1. I will try to post model answers to AM papers just after midnight. PM papers will have to wait until the following morning.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ty
oh gawd
I want answers!!! >.<

Answer 1: x(-2x+1)(2x+1)
Definitely not easier than June 12 imo.
I can't see any attatchment :frown: (although i am on a phone)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Can't see attachment either. D:
Reply 7
Original post by Instincts_2012
I want answers!!! >.<

Answer 1: x(-2x+1)(2x+1)

I messed even that one up. :tongue:
Reply 8
cant see attachment
Reply 9
they are there now
Original post by Ronove
I messed even that one up. :tongue:

I didn't know how to do it too,

I wrote x(1-4x^2), and left it at that. 5minutes remaining, I flicked to
The page and the answer popped into my head!
Reply 11
Are you sure you remembered the attachment?
Found it haha, sorry.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
for the last question part c, i got the x coordinate as 9 but subbed 9 into the wrong equation giving me 12, its out of 5, how many would i have got for that? please help!
Reply 13
refresh the thread they are in the first post
Reply 14
Thank you so much, feel a little more confident that I've gotten an A now, got Q2 and Q11 C wrong though
so the maths exams finally begin....
attachment there now , defo not easier jun 2012 properly m8 .
Reply 17
could anyone predict grade boundaries?
Reply 18
I think i got 52 to 57 ish :frown: hoping for 80 UMS!
Reply 19
Original post by Arsey
Attached are my model answers to the C1 Jan 2013 paper.

I thought it was a reasonable paper. Some of the questions were standard but were tweaked to make them a little more challenging. There was not many complete gift marks on this paper though.

1. Pretty easy factorising (3)
2. Powers, could be tricky but similar questions have been asked (2)
3. Surds, fairly easy (3)
4. Recurrence sequence, very easy (5)
5. Coordinate geometry, pretty straight forward (7)
6. Transforming / sketching graphs / sim. equations (12)

quite predictable that this question would be asked. Part (a) was pretty easy for 5 marks and b) was very easy. c) was tricky(ish) for another 5 marks

7. Arithmetic sequence; very easy (8)
8. Integration, very standard, should have been easy (6)
9. Discrim, quite easy if you remembered to bring 5 over at the start (7)

Another question that was very easy to predict was coming up and an easy tweak to predict.

10. Completing the square, tricky(ish) (7)

Given what was asked on the June 12 paper -x^2 this was another one that could have been predicted.

11. Differentiation, not too bad, fairly standard part c) wasn't that nice though (12)

Overall I would say it was probably a little easier than June 12 and that was 59/75 for an A. It will probably be around 59 for an A again.

I will not have a lot of time to answer endless, how many marks will I get questions if... ? If I have time I will but most of the time you can find out yourself by checking past mark schemes. Also, please read the thread before asking a question as I (or someone else) may have already answered the same question.

Don't bother PM'ng me as I don't check PM's.

:wink:

Common answers...

No, I am not a student.

No, I don't have access to the papers before the exam. Only once they have been sat (UK time).

Yes, I am sure the answers are correct (although I haven't checked my C2 ones)

No, I don't have the actual boundaries. These are calculated from the actual results and will not be released until results day in March (well the day before). Boundaries at this stage are simply estimations based on past papers and past boundaries.

I will probably do model answers to C1, C2, C3, C4, S1, M1, M2, D1, FP1. I will try to post model answers to AM papers just after midnight. PM papers will have to wait until the following morning.

for the last question part c, i got the x coordinate as 9 but subbed 9 into the wrong equation giving me 12, its out of 5, how many would i have got for that? please help!

sorry for double post

Latest

Trending

Trending