The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A193
How many UMS would 69-70 marks be? I know Arsey said 59 is an A but could 69 get me 100 UMS.

No, 69/75 would never get 100UMS, I'm afraid :frown: Still, it's a pretty damn good score :yep:
Original post by A193
How many UMS would 69-70 marks be? I know Arsey said 59 is an A but could 69 get me 100 UMS.

Also for the first question would this get me the marks : -((x)-(2x+1)(2x-1))

If you expand it out it is technically correct so yes.
Original post by justinawe
yeah, somehow missed that :s-smilie: hopefully 74/75 is enough for 100 ums :colone:

fingers crossed ay :biggrin: its annoying, how WJEC is almost always 75/75 for full UMS... What if I've lost marks :cry2:
Reply 103
Original post by `God
for the last question part c, i got the x coordinate as 9 but subbed 9 into the wrong equation giving me 12, its out of 5, how many would i have got for that? please help!

You should have got (9,-1) for that question... Does anyone have the actual answers by the way?
Reply 104
If I calculated dy/dx wrong for 11a (I left it at 2-4x and forget to write ^-1/2 ;( ) and then carried on using that as the gradient what marks would I get out of 12 for that question? It's just one careless mistake but because of that I got the entire question wrong D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 105
Looking at the mark scheme I don't think I have dropped any marks *fingers crossed* although there is bound to be a mistake somewhere.

Hope everyone gets the grade their looking for! :biggrin:
Am I the only one who found this paper easy?
Reply 107
Original post by KhawlaM
Does anyone know if we are allowed to draw the graph in pencil? Please tell! I drew it in pencil, and I did some of my working in pencil, does it matter?! It doesn't say in the instruction! I'm so worried :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please answer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
much harder than past papers, wasn't expected, apparently a new exam co-ordinater or something !:mad:
Original post by wrestlingfan55
Am I the only one who found this paper easy?

yes u are everyone found it so hard be 55 or lower for an A
Reply 110
Original post by KhawlaM

doubt it very much
Original post by `God
for the last question part c, i got the x coordinate as 9 but subbed 9 into the wrong equation giving me 12, its out of 5, how many would i have got for that? please help!

sorry for double post

Same here :frown: I don't know why I did that too, just didn't read the question properly!!!
Reply 112
Original post by visnu1996
doubt it very much

:frown: So do you think that I will get panelized!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope it went well for everyone :smile: Personally think it was OK but probably harder than any of the past papers.

It seems to be a trend with edexcel these days, I did their chemistry and physics exams recently and they were without doubt a thousand times harder than any of the past papers. It's going to be really difficult for them to differentiate between A and B students this year. I wonder how low they're prepared to take their grade boundaries?
Reply 114
Original post by usycool1
No, 69/75 would never get 100UMS, I'm afraid :frown: Still, it's a pretty damn good score :yep:

well... actually, the lowest 100 UMS has gone was 71 marks and that was in June 2009. Although, it isn't likely to go below 70, it was quite hard - i do think the 100 UMS boundary may be lowered from maximum score.

In C2 however, the lowest ever 100 UMS was 68 marks, so freak drops in grade boundaries do happen
Reply 115
Original post by Nadia L.
What do you guys think would be the required mark for at least a C?
Not feeling amazingly confident about this exam, my mind went blank on the most simplest of questions 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
thank you so much bro can you do m1 c3 c4 please!! you are awesome bro
Original post by jcarz
well... actually, the lowest 100 UMS has gone was 71 marks and that was in June 2009. Although, it isn't likely to go below 70, it was quite hard - i do think the 100 UMS boundary may be lowered from maximum score.

In C2 however, the lowest ever 100 UMS was 68 marks, so freak drops in grade boundaries do happen

I was aware of C2 going below 70 once or twice, but I didn't know C1 went that low once! :eek:
Original post by Instincts_2012
Hey, for question 10 part a),

The completing the square with the answer being 4(x+1)^2 - 1

I got up to that perfectly, but I forgot to write: a=4 b=1 c= -1

How many marks would so get for that part a? (out of 3)

And for 11c, I only got up to the part where I state what the parallel gradient is by rearranging the 3y equation. How many marks would I get for that? (Out of 5)

Please answer someone! Arsey/M/Ghost or anyone!
Reply 119
Original post by Aspire101
If I calculated dy/dx wrong for 11a (I left it at 2-4x and forget to write ^-1/2 ;( ) and then carried on using that as the gradient what marks would I get out of 12 for that question? It's just one careless mistake but because of that I got the entire question wrong D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone please reply :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest