The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For those that put n=12, its technically incorrect practice, but you'll most definetly be getting the full method marks,
the question specifies to determine the year, not the term (n) .

Btw, what we thinking for the UMS Boundaries, C2 has never been above 67/75 for an A grade.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by FloydRix
Sorry to ask this but where is log5/3 coming from?

200000/120000 = 5/3
Wasn't h = 3/7
Reply 43
Original post by bobrules
Yeah i did that too, but because we got the right answer, I hope that we'd get full marks for that question.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You had to work out what n was in that question and it was 11.4 something but the final answer is n=12 years!!!
Reply 44
Guys for solving that log question I made a silly error I solved x^2 -34x+219 . I took away that 6. I got 25.23 something and 8.63 something. However when I entered these values for X into 2log (base 2) (x +15) -log(base2) (X)=6 I did get 6.000 . I thought I had solved it right and was confident that I have the right answers. NOw I know the right answers are 25 and 9. I got close by solving the wrong quadratic will I get penalised. 25.23 is like 25 come on and 8.63 is like 9 an d they both give me 6.000.
Reply 45
Original post by `God
200000/120000 = 5/3

Yh I got that too
Reply 46
Original post by ManUtdFan1990
For those that put n=12, its technically incorrect practice, but you'll most definetly be getting the full method marks,

Btw, what we thinking for the UMS Boundaries, C2 has never been above 67/75 for an A grade.

Hopefully we will, I got n=12 but didn't add it on to 2013 :frown: . DO you think it could be 70 for an A I have been hearing. You say 67 doesn't that seem a little too high!!!!
Reply 47
Ohh Mann :frown: so many little stupid mistakes - you know if you're in year 12 and you've done it early, as in yesterday, if you resit in may/June when everybody else is meant to do it, do the unis see it as a resit??
Reply 48
Could anybody tell me how u did that cos question :/?
Reply 49
Original post by ManUtdFan1990

When we specify the year was the answer 2024 or 2023 ?
Reply 50
Yeah thats what i found too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
You know for the major segment question I did 2pi-2.2 and then divided it by 2 beacause i thought there was two sectors?.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by `God
what i did was
ar^n>200000
120000(1.05^n)>200000
1.05^n>5/3
nlog(1.05)>log(5/3)
n>log(5/3)/log(1.05)
n>10.46
n=11
then I didn't include the first time (2013) as I didn't do ar^n-1 so I counted from 2013 upwards 11 to get 2024 without including 2013..

I think thats right.. just a different approach, anyone else did what I did and if you're experienced in exam papers can you tell me if I got the marks?

can someone confirm that the method above will get full marks?
Reply 53
Original post by `God
can someone confirm that the method above will get full marks?

I'm not sure. You could easily have made a conceptual error but have got lucky.
Reply 54
Original post by blue012
Hopefully we will, I got n=12 but didn't add it on to 2013 :frown: . DO you think it could be 70 for an A I have been hearing. You say 67 doesn't that seem a little too high!!!!

since Jan05-June11 the average score to get an A is 60.857....., saying this paper is very easy would probably mean that 64/65 would be an A and not 67/68, the highest to get an A in that time period was 67.
Reply 55
Original post by Arsey

do you think it will gain atleast 3 marks? because a lot of people did what I did and got the right answer, the question didn't specify when the profit ratio would kick in so it could have been the first year or the second year. I'm really worried because if I lost all 5 on that question then thats :frown:
Original post by Arsey

How many marks will I drop in the trapezium question for using the wrong value of h?
Reply 57
Question 5 c)

Someone care to explain why you can't do 25 - 7? We have MN and the radius, so MN - radius should equal from N to the point on the circle..
Reply 58
Original post by Arsey

IS the major segment question right?
Reply 59
I also said n was 12 as the answer came out to n > 11.47 I also showed in my workings that I checked ar^n-1 was ar^12-1 and on the calculator ar11 exceeded 200000...

Also could someone reassure me that I would get method marks on the circle question as I got a different radius although done the method correct.

Thanks guys & good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending