The Student Room Group

Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Pepsi Diet or Pepsi Max?

Poll

Which do you prefer Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Pepsi Diet or Pepsi max?

I was wondering which of these Diet drinks the most favored after researching there marketing. Which do you prefer and why?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Pepsi max. No real reason why...it just tastes better
Reply 2
Personally I think they all taste virtually the same. If there is a difference in taste it is too slight for me to prefer one over the other. According to Coca-Cola Diet Coke has a different "flavour base" to Coke Zero. I believe the difference between the other two is similar.

Given the choice I tend to go for Coke Zero just because I prefer the branding and packaging.
Reply 3
I love Coca-Cola original but Pepsi Max from that last :biggrin:
i used to think my sisters were silly making a fuss over pepsi max instead of diet coke

but now i can taste the difference!!

Pepsi max all the way
Reply 6
None of the above
Original post by GeekyNick
Personally I think they all taste virtually the same. If there is a difference in taste it is too slight for me to prefer one over the other. According to Coca-Cola Diet Coke has a different "flavour base" to Coke Zero. I believe the difference between the other two is similar.

Given the choice I tend to go for Coke Zero just because I prefer the branding and packaging.

I would never describe Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max as similar. The Diet version tastes so diluted (to me) in comparison to Max it tastes like it's 50/50 water and Pepsi.
Pepsi Max is nectar of the Gods.
Reply 9
Red Bull!!
Pepsi Max everytime
I'd quite like to do a blind taste test on this one day, but if they were all the same price lined up on a shelf, i'd go for Pepsi max.
Original post by callum9999
I would never describe Diet Pepsi and Pepsi Max as similar. The Diet version tastes so diluted (to me) in comparison to Max it tastes like it's 50/50 water and Pepsi.

Fair enough - I've just never noticed it myself. I've not done a side-by-side comparison though. Perhaps I should try that next time I'm at a Harvester !
Reply 13
Coke Zero as it tastes really close to regular coke and it stays fizzy for ages after you've opened a bottle. I find a lot of diet drinks go flat quite quickly and diet coke tastes disgusting to me. If I can't have coke zero I'd go for pepsi max.
Coke Zero tastes like actual Coke, which I can't have as I'm diabetic. So Coke Zero is perfect for me.

I do like Pepsi Max but it seems to give me headaches so I don't have it often.

Diet Coke is horrible and too metallic tasting.
Diet coke or Pepsi Max. Diet has started to go all horrible though as of recent, all metally and not really coke-y
None of the above, they all taste wrong, added with the fact that diet drinks are a lot worse for you than the proper original product I would avoid drinking them
Pepsi Max :yep: I prefer the taste to normal Pepsi.
Original post by abigail_92
I was wondering which of these Diet drinks the most favored after researching there marketing. Which do you prefer and why?

Is Pepsi Max diet? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest