The Student Room Group

Girls, here is a hypothetical man

Attractive, generally estimated by opinions, despite some negative ones.
Not arrogant but quite confident in being unconventional.
Had problems, bad circumstances, not much of a career.
Many interests and quite intellectual.
Quite romantic, not traditionally but into going places, mystery etc.
Can be considerate and sensitive of a woman but maybe has turned to other interests because he hasn't found the right one, and because of cold people, quite detached because of obsessive interests.
Financially stable due to parents for the while, place of his own.
But no career, job currently, many interest/dreams, but trouble focusing and concern over future problems, enemies.

What would you reckon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I mean to say HE is detahced because of interests, just to clarify.
Reply 2
I'm sure you're a great guy.
Hypothetical my arse, these kind of posts are always about the OP. Why else would you post it anonymously? And since you've done so, might as well come out and say it's about you as nobody will know who you are anyway.
Um.... sounds charming. Good for you. (Y)
Reply 5
Get someone else to write it for you. It's impossible to do an objective description of yourself.
Reply 6
You sound like an average guy. This is a very poor attempt to hide a "this is me, will anyone go out with me?" thread.
Enemies? Is he a secret service agent? O.o
Reply 8
Tbh it sounds like you've described what 90% of guys see themselves as.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Can be considerate and sensitive of a woman but maybe has turned to other interests because he hasn't found the right one, and because of cold people, quite detached because of obsessive interests.
But no career, job currently, many interest/dreams, but trouble focusing and concern over future problems, enemies.

What would you reckon?

Let me guess, you are asking for a friend of yours?
Reply 10
It is me, wasn;t trying to hide. I should add i have sexual experience but am not a person who tries to womanise like a sad ****, and I have not had an intimate, 'love' relationship, nor have my sexual experiences come with women my own age, a tradtional GF scenario is alien to me, apart from years ago.
Reply 11
OP, this is you isnt it :wink:
Reply 12
If you're going to go to the trouble of starting a thread why not spend an extra 2-3 minutes making your OP clear and coherent?
Reply 13
Well the question was would you date him
It is me, wasn;t trying to hide. I should add i have sexual experience but am not a person who tries to womanise like a sad ****, and I have not had an intimate, 'love' relationship, nor have my sexual experiences come with women my own age, a tradtional GF scenario is alien to me, apart from years ago.

I think the word you're looking for is "average."

Do yourself a favour. Be interesting. Get into the arts, or music.

No one wants a guy who's gone scouting on internet forums. That's just a really sad thing to do.
Reply 15
I'm not scouting, I'm asking for girls advice on what another girl would perceive in the non-internet world.
I'm insulted by that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
And I am heavily into the arts, I posted that.
Can't judge this 'hypothetical man' without meeting him first, because pretty much everyone can sound fantastic when it's just words, yet two people who match exactly in a paragraph can be different in real life.

Hypothetically though, I guess he sounds all right to be friends with? Nothing more, due to career issues and lack of focus? But yet again, can't judge without face to face interaction.
Reply 18

What would you reckon?

Ok, so you want a serious answer to this? I know I'm not female, but hey.

a) "Had problems, bad circumstances" is far too broad to make any real impact on the decision here. This is the problem with asking strangers if you won't elaborate, since the severity of the "problems" will depend on the outcome.

b) To be honest you've made yourself sound a little creepy with reference to "cold people" and "enemies". Do you suffer from paranoia? Is that what this thread is about?

I don't believe that there's someone made for everybody and all of that, but statistically you are very likely to find a girl who is happy to date you. Don't worry about what people think of you, but rather just live your life the way you want to live it - worrying about getting a girlfriend, or what women think of you, is only going to make you appear weird and therefore put women off you.
I'm not scouting, I'm asking for girls advice on what another girl would perceive in the non-internet world.
I'm insulted by that.

And I am heavily into the arts, I posted that.

Quote, dude! Otherwise I can't go and argue with you some more!

But why do you care about what other girls think of you on the internet? Why don't you find out in real life?

No one knows your true self on the internet. Maybe actually talking to someone in the actual real world (remember it?) would give you a more accurate answer.

It was an example. I'm asking you to act for yourself, not care about what others think of you. I personally think you're a bit of a fool yourself for asking this, especially as you are a GROWN MAN.

I'm 15 and I'm giving you advice. What does that say about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest