The Student Room Group

Texting with my girlfriend is crap

Does this happen over time? Been with my gf for like 3 months, and the past few weeks texting has been so hard. Sometimes she just does one word replies, and because she's not really making an effort, I can't be bothered doing it either. I mean her Blackberry broke a few weeks back, so she's gone to an old phone with the old style keyboard so it takes ages to text, but surely that can't be why texting has gone crap?

When we Skype and call each other everything is fine, but texting is awful.

Any ideas?
Reply 1
.... huh? bit extreme that isn't it?

Also what bugs me is when we text to say night to each other. I can't sleep so go on Facebook later in the night, and she's online there. I've never queried it, just bothers me that she says she's gone to bed but hasn't.
Reply 2
Jfc. It's just texting dude. Lay back.
Reply 3
Best thing you can do is question it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't comment on the relationship side of things. So I don't know how useful this will be to you. But some of my friends are the same. Maybe its her personality. Some of my friends only send the occasional text but are fine in person. Some talk fine on Skype and suggest meeting up via Skype but never text. I guess its different personalities. And you never know the person until you get to know them. If its all fine... Then I'd say ask her casually and she'll probably tell you why. Unless there is a deeper reason why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonnykino
.... huh? bit extreme that isn't it?

Also what bugs me is when we text to say night to each other. I can't sleep so go on Facebook later in the night, and she's online there. I've never queried it, just bothers me that she says she's gone to bed but hasn't.

Yeah, lovelyjubbly's a troll. :') Anyway, saying good night doesn't mean she's gone to sleep, per say, it's more like a 'goodbye for tonight' thing. Or she's saying it to make you feel more comfortable because you ARE going to sleep at that time when she goes to sleep later. Or she can't sleep, like you. Or she's developing insomnia or keeps drinking tea too soon bedtime or forgot she needed to talk to a friend about something or she just got bored.

So many possibilities, so few problems involved in any of them. Chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Text her less. All the other stuff is good, so the relationship isn't really in jeopardy.

Being in constant contact isn't necessarily the best thing, you can kind of get burned out. And don't get too worked up over texting.
Reply 7
My relationship went through a phase of awkward, small talk texts also.
This was mainly the consequence of overseeing/speaking to my girlfriend. Literally, we'd spend all day together and then text throughout the night. This happened on a daily basis and as a result we started to struggle to find things to talk about because we were always together or talking!
Now we don't see each other/speak to each other AS MUCH, our conversations over text are much stronger. Remember, it's quality not quantity!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
People just worry too much...
Reply 9
Oh alright. Guess I'll just have to see how it goes. Just bothers me that if it's difficult texting and stuff, whether that could lead on to other stuff being difficult.

Sorry if it was a stupid question.
Original post by LovelyJubbley
? what ?

The poor guy just wants to know why his gf might be unhappy texting him, and you're telling the bloke to '**** her and dump her' because she doesn't text very well on her new phone?

Also, why did you call her a bitch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
chill out op!

Me and my bf never really text each other at all! We just dont like communicating that way, its not a big deal seriously.
Original post by LovelyJubbley
Yeah thats quality advice, is she is ****ing other guys, **** her feeling and **** her for your own benefit. I called her a bitch cos the bitch is a girl who is a bitch. Guys **** bitches.

Um. A. based on the OP's post, why do you think she is cheating? And b. why do you think she is a bitch?

And no, lovely, guys do not '**** bitches', they have sex with women. 'Woman' does not equal 'bitch.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I do understand where you coming from. For me to, usually I would like to have a decent conversation over text but also have one in face to face to - which is something what I believe you are used to, which is why you find it difficult about her not texting you.

It is mainly down to people's personalities and it could be she just doesn't like texting. There is no problem in the relationship tbf if communication is gone during face to face or Skype, and perhaps it's best your not constantly talking over text and she's a big texted anyway since you will probably get bored of each other eventually.. If it really does bother you though, talk to her and just ask calmly and in a polite way why she doesn't text you back very much? I bet the answer would be 'she doesn't really like texting' :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Kids and their lives being invested in texting...sheesh...

It means nothing from my experience. My girlfriend says I'm a far better person to talk with in person than on a phone/computer/whatever device. That I'm almost a different person. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but for me, texting is no representation of the real relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending