The Student Room Group

What university degree to study.

Hello, I am purely just looking for some advice, maybe if you've been to university or simply in the same boat.. Anyway, I did attend 'University of Essex' where I studied English language and linguistics. I primarily thought the course would be 50/50 on the two different parts however the course was pretty much all linguistics and I found it wasn't for me. No matter what I did I just couldnt get my head round it. Doing English Language at A level i thought it would be slightly similar; but silly me. Now i've had to 'defer' from university where I am stuck indoors 24 7. Im quite career minded and very frustrated as I dont know what I want to study, what job I want to do. Which is making it hard where to start off and pick myself up. I have a part-time job at the weekend but doing nothing during the week is insane. I feel that if I had a decent degree or job I would put in 100% as this is all I have in life. I enjoy writing, writing is my passion. I would also like to do office work but something more challenging rather than scanning. I really want to work towards something that will pay off in the long wrong. Many people have said 'you wont get very far' and where im quite shy and have been rebellious in my teenage years dont think i will succeed but I really wish to do so with all my heart. I just need a job in mind so I can work towards that. If you have any ideas, advise or storys on your behalf it would mean a lot and I'm highly interested p.s sorry for the novel :smile:
Finish your degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You should really finish your degree and later carry on something else that you like. Office work is not all about scanning :smile: Of course some office work involves scanning but it also depends on what kind of office work it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending