The Student Room Group

When will I get offers/replies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HeroManagement
Thank you :smile: Bristol looks better but I think Glasgow's great too. The "problem" is that opinions are very divided about that uni. Some say it's ****, others think it's awesome and very prestigious and has loads of very good lecturers etc. There's nothing in between...

Well i must admit, if you hear of people going to scotland for uni (from England) it's usually to go to St Andrews or Edinburgh.... doesn't mean Glasgow isn't good though! Bristol is probably higher in league tables is all....
Original post by KAB1010101
Well i must admit, if you hear of people going to scotland for uni (from England) it's usually to go to St Andrews or Edinburgh.... doesn't mean Glasgow isn't good though! Bristol is probably higher in league tables is all....

Bristol is ranked 11th whilst Glasgow is 17th... There isn't a huge difference between them... I didn't apply to Edinburgh cause they only do a BA in film/TV production while I would like something more academical. And Glasgow offers a MA in film/television studies, that you can take as a joint honours with plenty of other subjects... That's ideal for me.
Saint Andrews... Well, I actually hesitated a lot but decided not to apply because first, it's quite small so there's not much to do. Plus, the atmosphere is likely to be... Weird. Maybe this is nothing more than a cliché but I wouldn't feel at ease overthere. Glasgow looks very friendly :smile: But so does Bristol. Aaaaaaaaaaaah dilemma.
Reply 22
Bristol is ranked 11th whilst Glasgow is 17th... There isn't a huge difference between them... I didn't apply to Edinburgh cause they only do a BA in film/TV production while I would like something more academical. And Glasgow offers a MA in film/television studies, that you can take as a joint honours with plenty of other subjects... That's ideal for me.
Saint Andrews... Well, I actually hesitated a lot but decided not to apply because first, it's quite small so there's not much to do. Plus, the atmosphere is likely to be... Weird. Maybe this is nothing more than a cliché but I wouldn't feel at ease overthere. Glasgow looks very friendly :smile: But so does Bristol. Aaaaaaaaaaaah dilemma.

haha don't worry, you only have the dilemma once you get offers from both. Until then you don't need to worry!
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/stat_services/stats_online/data_tables/decisiontime

average decision time is just over 7 weeks - varies by subject though - and that's the AVERAGE so for everyone getting an offer within 4 weeks there's someone else waiting 10
Original post by KAB1010101
haha don't worry, you only have the dilemma once you get offers from both. Until then you don't need to worry!

Yes you're right... I'm not even sure to get an offer from anywhere so no need to dash.

Original post by PQ
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/about_us/stat_services/stats_online/data_tables/decisiontime

average decision time is just over 7 weeks - varies by subject though - and that's the AVERAGE so for everyone getting an offer within 4 weeks there's someone else waiting 10

Ooh thank you for the figures :smile: 7 weeks would be absolutely perfect for me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
Yes you're right... I'm not even sure to get an offer from anywhere so no need to dash.

GOOOOD LUCK :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest