The Student Room Group

Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games

I'm currently putting in my application to be a volunteer, just wondering who else is going to apply? And who's hoping to do what?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Will be finishing filling in mine in the next few days. Filling the form in online is a nuisance. It doesn't let me go to step 3. :frown:
Do you know what you are going to do?
Reply 2
Original post by kurt123
Will be finishing filling in mine in the next few days. Filling the form in online is a nuisance. It doesn't let me go to step 3. :frown:

i know what you mean!

hopefully in a sport itself (ideally swimming or cycling or running) :smile: yourself?
I'm so excited for Glasgow, I volunteered at London 2012 so I'd love to continue. I'd really like to do spectator services and I've put Ibrox, Chris Hoy Velodrome and another venue (can't remember which). Only problem is going to be travelling up to Glasgow and finding accommodation as I live in London!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
hey, I would really love to apply for this and i've been getting e-mails about it since probably before the olympics started. the thing is there is a slight possibility that i'm more ill than i am probably am and i don't want this to get in the way. and another thing is that i want to go to university in scotland but it haven't got it set in stone and if i don't go to uni in scotland its going to be a bit awkward getting accomodation. i don't want be given a 'place' as a volunteer and then have turn it down. rant over.:s-smilie:
Reply 5
I've applied!! Although I'd have to find accommodation, I think it'll be an amazing experience :biggrin:

Has anyone heard anything back yet? My status still says processing application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by amabella
I'm currently putting in my application to be a volunteer, just wondering who else is going to apply? And who's hoping to do what?

Original post by kurt123

Original post by amabella
i know what you mean!

hopefully in a sport itself (ideally swimming or cycling or running) :smile: yourself?

Original post by megantrace
I'm so excited for Glasgow, I volunteered at London 2012 so I'd love to continue. I'd really like to do spectator services and I've put Ibrox, Chris Hoy Velodrome and another venue (can't remember which). Only problem is going to be travelling up to Glasgow and finding accommodation as I live in London!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Original post by ChloeeeB_
I've applied!! Although I'd have to find accommodation, I think it'll be an amazing experience :biggrin:

Has anyone heard anything back yet? My status still says processing application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you contractually bound to volunteer if you apply and are accepted? i need more encouragement to apply :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by rac1
Are you contractually bound to volunteer if you apply and are accepted? i need more encouragement to apply :redface:

If you have a good reason to not go forward with the volunteering it shouldn't be a problem. Also after applying you can cancel your application. Give it a try, the application doesn't take too long. :smile:
I've applied for lawn bowls, because I love me some Kelvingrove Park. I wanted the velodrome, but how popular will that be for volunteers/it's in Dalmarnock and cba travelling there from the West End. I think I also put Glasgow Green.
Reply 9
Original post by kurt123
If you have a good reason to not go forward with the volunteering it shouldn't be a problem. Also after applying you can cancel your application. Give it a try, the application doesn't take too long. :smile:

okay i'm gonna do it guys!:biggrin: thanks.
Reply 10
I screwed it up. Procrastination will be the end of me one day.
The weird thing is that I went to log in realised that I couldn't remember my password so I asked for a reminder e-mail and it never got to my e-mail account. So I tried a few more times then I made a new account and wrote my password down and the confirmation e-mail did get to me within a few minutes or so. Then I did the app and sent it off 15 mins late. I didn't get an e-mail to say they had got it (I wasn't really expecting one since it was late but anyway...) the next day I still hadn't gotten anything back so just in case I had been lucky and there was some leeway round midnight I decided to check my account on the website. I tried to log in and it wouldn't let me so asked for a password re-set link thingy and to this day I still haven't got an e-mail from them...
Never mind...
Reply 11
I've volunteered. I don't mind what I do, as long as I get to be part of it. I missed out at London2012 due to their amazing lack of organisation. Really looking forward to 2014 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Anyone else on here applied?
Got an email yesterday saying that I have an informal interview for Results Technology Services :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ChrissyH
Anyone else on here applied?
Got an email yesterday saying that I have an informal interview for Results Technology Services :smile:

I've applied, but it still says 'Processing Application' :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by ChloeeeB_
I've applied, but it still says 'Processing Application' :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry it'll be taking them ages to get through all the applications. :smile:
Reply 15
Informal interview for press operations!
Reply 16
Interview for press operations too! So excited. I'm wondering if the places will be on a relatively first come first served basis though? As in, do you think it will hinder my application if I don't schedule my interview until June (when exams are done)?
Reply 17
Original post by aliceruth
Interview for press operations too! So excited. I'm wondering if the places will be on a relatively first come first served basis though? As in, do you think it will hinder my application if I don't schedule my interview until June (when exams are done)?

I would assume the best candidates would get the place, so unless they couldn't interview you in June for some reason, you would be fine?
Reply 18
Original post by tom271
I would assume the best candidates would get the place, so unless they couldn't interview you in June for some reason, you would be fine?

Turns out they only had April/May interviews so heyho. This is maybe a stupid question but what are you gonna wear to your interview? I know it's informal but I have no idea!
Reply 19
When are you doing an interview then? I'll probably just wear some jeans with a smart polo top or something? Nothing too formal but nothing scruffy

Quick Reply

Latest