The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody got a table of all the metal ion colours that we need to learn? I want to set it as my desktop background so that I may have some chance of learning them all!
Original post by Seb Hudson
Has anybody got a table of all the metal ion colours that we need to learn? I want to set it as my desktop background so that I may have some chance of learning them all!

That's a really good idea! I'd love this too :biggrin:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
That's a really good idea! I'd love this too :biggrin:

Our teacher gave us one I will see if I can scan it for you guys some time next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zazuwaved
Our teacher gave us one I will see if I can scan it for you guys some time next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Reply 24
hey guys, quick question. we have been learning about born haber cycles and have just finished them in class. I was reading the spec and it said this: 'be able to construct Born–Haber cycles to calculate lattice enthalpies from experimental data. Be able to compare lattice enthalpies from Born–Haber cycles with those from calculations based on a perfect ionic model to provide evidence for covalent character in ionic compounds.' Any idea on what this means and how we do this? I have looked in the nelson thornes text book and i am sure i haven't heard of this in class. Please help
Reply 25
Original post by sechdent8
hey guys, quick question. we have been learning about born haber cycles and have just finished them in class. I was reading the spec and it said this: 'be able to construct Born–Haber cycles to calculate lattice enthalpies from experimental data. Be able to compare lattice enthalpies from Born–Haber cycles with those from calculations based on a perfect ionic model to provide evidence for covalent character in ionic compounds.' Any idea on what this means and how we do this? I have looked in the nelson thornes text book and i am sure i haven't heard of this in class. Please help

Have a look on page 174 of the Nelson thornes text book. :smile:
Not the best... I promise I will actually scan them tonight or tomorrow latest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :smile:

Check my most recent post

Posted from TSR Mobile
This should be called AQA CHEM5 ~ 19th June 2013 ~ A2 Chemistry to comply with the other threads :smile:
Check my most recent post

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Seb Hudson
Thank you very much :smile:

sorry not the most reader friendly i am afraid, just too busy to step up the scanner, so i might have to properly scan it tomorrow for you :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by erniiee
Have a look on page 174 of the Nelson thornes text book. :smile:

yeah my bad, thanks though :biggrin:
Reply 33
guys when talking about the enthalpy of solution, what does this mean: 'the separate ions are then solvated by the solvent molecules.'
Reply 34
yeah my bad, thanks though :biggrin:

No problem!

guys when talking about the enthalpy of solution, what does this mean: 'the separate ions are then solvated by the solvent molecules.'

In effect, the lattice is dissociated into ions which are surrounded by water molecules, forming solute-solvent attractions (solvation). However, the enthalpy of hydration relates to gaseous ions being "dissolved".

sorry not the most reader friendly i am afraid, just too busy to step up the scanner, so i might have to properly scan it tomorrow for you :biggrin:

My god those notes are like a perfect summary! Did your teacher make them?!
Original post by erniiee
No problem!

In effect, the lattice is dissociated into ions which are surrounded by water molecules, forming solute-solvent attractions (solvation). However, the enthalpy of hydration relates to gaseous ions being "dissolved".

My god those notes are like a perfect summary! Did your teacher make them?!

yup pretty good huh. i love my chem teachers
Reply 36

I am very jealous! :lol:

You don't study at Solihull Sixth Form by any chance? :tongue:
You don't study at Solihull Sixth Form by any chance? :tongue:

No... Um it's close to Solihull though are you at Solihull? Have a guess :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erniiee
I am very jealous! :lol:

Oh don't think it's all pretty. The extremely lovely one gives us loads of homework though it's so much help. They have these PowerPoints which I think they got from a website basically every as to a2 topic in the aqa syllabus, I will try this week inshaAllah to upload them or maybe via email or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending