The Student Room Group

Amazon Credit Card

Hello. :smile:

I've been very interested in the Amazon Credit Card for quite some time.

I do some shopping on Amazon from time to time (say... £50 - £100 a month on average) so I was hoping it might be of some benefit to me.

Should I? Are there any glaring hindrances about it?

Thanks.
Reply 1
I have one. you get 2 points per pound shopping on amazon and 1 point per pound everywhere else. 1000 points is a £10 voucher. voucher is automatically emailed so you don't faff around having to redeem anything.

there are higher rate cashback cards out there I think.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
I have one. you get 2 points per pound shopping on amazon and 1 point per pound everywhere else. 1000 points is a £10 voucher. voucher is automatically emailed so you don't faff around having to redeem anything.

Sent from my GT-S5363

That sounds quite good.

Does the voucher ever expire? Oh, how do you go about managing payments? Can I just transfer money from my current account every month of the full amount and pay it that way? Will I get an online account?
Original post by Juno

Sent from my GT-S5363

Original post by Kagutsuchi
That sounds quite good.

Does the voucher ever expire? Oh, how do you go about managing payments? Can I just transfer money from my current account every month of the full amount and pay it that way? Will I get an online account?

It does depend on how often you'll use it, and mainly on Amazon as that's where you get the most points. It's a relatively hard card to get, and you can pay off by direct debit. That's what I do

Other cards to consider are:

Aqua reward - 3% cashback up to a max of £100/year, so your first £3333.33 of spending. Good to use internationally, as well as paying in foreign currencies online because it is a "top travel card" and has no fees abroad

The cashback gaining ability renews every year

Barclays Initial - Well for about 6 months. They give you 3% up to a max of £50 in your first six months, so around £1666 of spending. Once you've got the £50, ditch the card, because you're not going to get any better!

A plethora of info here:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/cashback-credit-cards

Another one to consider (though hard to get) is the Creation reward card:
http://www.creation.co.uk/credit-cards/

You'll hit the £200 either at £13333, £40,000 or any where in between depending on your spending habits

I have the Aqua, the Capital One Classic Extra and my Lloyds platinum card

With credit cards, they always give you an online account, and I suppose the downside of the Aqua card is that they give me such an abysmal credit limit, that Im constantly sending faster payments over by logging in to my main bank.

You can "pay by debit card" but that takes around 3 - 5 days. Faster payments take around 2 hours
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Kagutsuchi
That sounds quite good.

the vouchers are normal amazon vouchers so they have the usual expiry - I can't remember what that is.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending