The Student Room Group

So people think Im gay (You "look" gay)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I can't see how Im being an "effeminate pussy" by trying to be nice to every one I meet, as long as I get on with them.

Just because I get on with people, it doesn't make me "effeminate" or a "pussy" or even both

Trust me that just tell you they have the intellect of a fish.
Reply 41
Original post by Michaelj
I seem to get accused a lot. :frown:

Yeah it can be annoying :frown:

But you guys here seem to have been pretty good, so thanks!
I can't see how Im being an "effeminate pussy" by trying to be nice to every one I meet, as long as I get on with them.

Just because I get on with people, it doesn't make me "effeminate" or a "pussy" or even both

^Good, and don't change that either even if people say your gay :smile: I am gay myself, and find it stupid when people say someone "looks gay" all being gay is attraction to the same sex so just ignore whoever says it to you :wink:
Reply 43
Original post by Pafeetus
It's the accent thing I think, when I moved from the south to the midlands people decided I "sounded gay" because I had a southern accent which was relatively posh :/
The main thing is dont let it bother you, if you stop caring a about it and laugh it off people will stop saying it. Or you could just get a girlfriend lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hmm perhaps it is. I have moved around a fair bit around the country, so I suppose that would make a difference on my accent. I'm from a northern town btw
Reply 44
Original post by tengentoppa
You sure they weren't calling you "a diamond in the rough"?

Yeah, I suppose that seems more like it
Yeah it can be annoying :frown:

But you guys here seem to have been pretty good, so thanks!

Why does it actually bother you though?
If you know you're not gay?
- you shouldn't let other peoples opinions of you bring you down.
Reply 46
Happended to me a few times too!

I don't mind because I just tell them I'm straight. I guess it's got to do with the way I dress and act; I rarely dress in hoodies and jeans so when steered away to my preferred fashion - smarter and neater than hoodies - a few will get the impression I'm gay.

Well I'm not so I don't mind, plus I'm ever homophobic when someone randomly touches me, I aren't scared of talking with actual gays :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Scienceisgood
I wouldn't let it bother you mate.
I am the exact opposite because I am gay and have been told I don't look gay. =P

It is weird because some of the girls in my class (around 5 or 6) have become really good friends or I should say closer since I came out at the end of last year. The guys play a few small jokes and make a little humour but it's all good fun. Everyone points out things which makes them different and to be fair, ALL the guys make a few racist puns/jokes all in good humour. =P

Even though all the guys like to act a little, well overly sexual including touching all the guys legs, ass, face and hair (we're all in sixth form).
I think you may be over reacting a little but if it is really bugging you, PM me. I am not here to judge you nor do I know you so I can help you if you need it at all. I suppose it might help if I know a little more about you such as age, personality etc...

Like I said, if you need to talk to anyone, I can help you.
I know you said you aren't gay and I completely believe you, out of EVERYONE I have met in my life, only 3-4 have been gay. So, I can help you with dealing with it if that's what you need help with.

Hmmm perhaps. But there is a difference in age. Im at uni, and no longer at sixth form at all...
Hmmm perhaps. But there is a difference in age. Im at uni, and no longer at sixth form at all...

If it makes you feel better, I should be at uni given I am retaking a year at sixth form...
Have my last exam tomorrow, yay! - Then I have my last exams in June, then I will see what happens from there... =( (I know I FLOPPED Chem4)

C3 - Only one thing left to get my head around though by then. :angry:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Lol, I know what you mean.
All the guys who were @$$***** in my secondary school are either working in Mcdonalds, pubs or places which require little to no qualifications because I saw how many A*-C grades they all came out with, none came out with anything higher than 3 A*-C grades, one came out with none at all.

Also, may I ask why OP is posting anon, not like we are here to judge here. :smile:

Think it's a tad unfair on those that work at Mcdonalds, who aren't the brightest, but are really nice people and those that are bright, but who do it as a job, because that's all they can get etc... but I get what you mean.

The guys that tend to say this, I suppose they are no longer in education, perhaps 2-3 years younger than me, and Im at uni

Anon, because it's not something that Id like to admit to irl!
Reply 50
I had this at school. They stopped when I started saying "funny that, you mum didn't say I looked gay when I was on top of her last night".

Of course, that stopped working when I was outed as bi and got a boyfriend :laugh:
Reply 51
Original post by tazmin98
You may look a bit feminine for a guy which is a stereotype for gay people

I hope not
I hope not

I hope you don't get the wrong idea but, could you please just give us a brief facial feature/body build?

Shave (Yes or No):
Body Build (Slim, Medium or Large):
Reply 53
I hope you don't get the wrong idea but, could you please just give us a brief facial feature/body build?

Shave (Yes or No):
Body Build (Slim, Medium or Large):

Black
Yes, but I tend to leave it for about 2 - 3 days
Medium Id say

How about I send a PM instead?
Reply 54
Original post by jblackmoustache
I got this in my area (a stereotypical declining ex mining town in the north) and I got called gay becuse I wasn't dressed like them and have my own style (chavvy sportswear, anything from footlocker and Republic are trendy). The fact I wasn't speaking in LAD, I wasn't into football
And I didn't conform to the stereotype all contribute.

When people like that call you gay it's usually because you're different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh, the guys that live in my town would have zero recollection of mining, as well as their fathers because it's a town that has a lot of Asians in it, so when they came over, they tended to work in the mills, and a lot now work as taxi drivers or take away workers.

Asian myself btw
What does 'look' gay even mean?
You can't look straight, gay or whatever your sexuality even is.

You know you are straight, and even if you weren't, so what?? being gay isn't wrong neither is any other sexuality.
The people you hang out with must be very narrow minded to think like this.
I suggest you either ignore them or try to explain this to them.

Hope this helps...
And hope I didn't offend you.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending