The Student Room Group

I cut my hip length hair! Now I regret it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I woke up to find my 'friends' had shaved a section of my hair off, and had to shave the rest off the even it out. So I know how unreasonably attached you can get to hair :tongue:

You've still got your hair at least. It's still there, and it'll grow back. You're probably upset because it feels like part of you is missing or something. Well relax, you'll still have the longest hair around and it'll grow really quickly.

Proof that you're normal please :smile:

Is it bad that I want to see a picture of you with a little bit of your hair shaved off? :redface:
Original post by Serano
Is it bad that I want to see a picture of you with a little bit of your hair shaved off? :redface:

Yes, it's bad. It wasn't pretty. It looked like this: :smile:

Out of curiosity, I can't help but wonder if the OPs hair has grown back by now?
Don't worry, I've done exactly the same thing, although maybe not quite to that scale. But just keep reminding yourself IT WILL GROW!!! Hair is there to experiment with after all, and you've tried a different style and seen what it looks like, so now you will know. If you really want to grow it back I recommend:

*Things with Vitamin D
*Hair masks
*Healthy diet
*Have it trimmed (I know it sounds weird but it really does help. It also helps to keep your hair looking nice and healthy. The more you don't cut it the more you will get split ends and you will have to cut it off.)

Also, try buying some accessories such as clips, head bands, bobby pins etc. and put your hair into some interesting styles. You could also invest in a curling iron, crimping iron, straightening iron, etc. One final thing, distract yourself from thinking about it, as this will not help anything. It will just make you feel down, and after all, whats done is done. In the perspective of things, its only hair and there are many more important things in life. Hope this helps!!!
Reply 43
I think having hair in different styles /varieties is cool! Do people seriously want to have the same style as they did at 8!???

Yes I understand you regret your decision.... Tbh if this is the worst thing you regret ever - you'll live a happy life!!

Very loooong hair (ie hip length) on women in their 20s can look as tho you're still trying to be daddy's princess - I've heard this from employers more than once!!
Reply 44
Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a medium black wig and it is perfect.
Reply 45
Original post by Ketchythatgirl
You wouldn't understand. I've had hip length hair for the majority of my life and now that it's gone, it's upsetting. The feeling is similar to when you lose something you've had for all or most of your life. But then again, what would I know about loss? This is the first time I'm experiencing it

Sorry if I'm annoying anyone, I'm just grieving :frown:

This will sound harsh but, you are just going to have to deal with it. It sucks and I've been there myself but it will grow back.

You said you had a lot of split ends - now's the time to make sure that when it grows back - it's awesome.
Get a regular hair cut - every 6-8 weeks, just a trim to get rid of split ends. Your hair will grow faster, be in much better condition and you won't need to get loads cut off when it gets longer.
Reply 46
(edited 9 years ago)
F u baste*d

Quick Reply

Latest